Chapter 40

Eventually, the family moved to the new island. It was rough at first. Lucifer, Pride, and Wrath had to fly back and forth bringing the furniture and basic necessities until they had to bring the rest of the Sins, the Hellhounds, and Virago. Calinaigh didn't need to be flown over since she had the power to poof her way there.

A few years past on the new island. The Sins grew older and Pride and Wrath reached the moment in their lives when they finally stopped aging. Virago grew older but it was hard to tell. Lucifer still woke up every morning dreading the fact that his wife will die one day. He researched everything he could find in Hell to keep her with him forever, but he couldn't find a thing.

Unfortunately, he got that power a year after Virago's death when he discovered his true evil identity. He could've asked one of his Vampyre friends to transform her, but he didn't want Virago to depend on blood for the rest of her life.

After a busy day in Hell, he came back at night with a special guest, Dracula, who he wanted to meet his family. Now, the thing with Vampyres, the Sun doesn't disintegrate them into dust, it just makes them uncomfortable and fidgety. It's a misconception that Vampyres find offensive. They aren't weak like the media portrays them to be.

"Boys," Lucifer called for his sons' attention as they sat around a fire. "This is your uncle, Dracula."

Dracula bowed, speaking with a thick accent. "Nice to meet you all, Princes of Hell."

Wrath caught a glimpse of Dracula's fangs. "I like your teeth!"

He thanked Wrath and grinned, his fangs glinting in the light of the fire.

"Are you like Father?" Envy asked.

"I may not be Human, but I'm not as powerful as your father."

Pride cocked his head to the side. "Then what are you?"

"Vampyre."

"Magnificent," Lust whispered in astonishment.

Gluttony raised his hand. "How does blood taste like?"

"Well," Dracula said, trying to think of the proper term to describe it, holding his chin in thought. "Sweet I would say."

As Lucifer and Dracula entertained the Sins with their stories from Hell, Virago and Calinaigh were sitting on the new porch, sipping herbal tea Calinaigh brought from her trip to China. They both have been brainstorming new spells for their Grimoires all day.

"He's not really Lucifer's brother, right?" Calinaigh asked, twirling her cup.

"No," Virago answered. "But he's still family even though this is the first time I've seen him. The boys seem to like him. He's also helping Lucifer a lot down under."

She watched her sons laugh at something Dracula said and smiled, happy to see them having a good time.

"Has Lucifer ever told you what he's really doing in Hell?"

Virago nodded. "Judging Humans who did wrong when they were alive and building an army."

"For what?"

"In case of anything, like war."

Calinaigh finished her tea. "Against the Angels?

Virago responded again with a nod. She hoped Lucifer never has to go to war with them. As much as she hated the Angels for what they did to her husband, she didn't want Lucifer to be part of a deadly fight.