Chapter 32

Virago searched everywhere for chamomile. Envy woke up feeling worse than the day before and she was distraught. She needed the chamomile to make him a powerful tea to calm down his fever.

Pride and Wrath watched her struggling to use a Glamour in a mirror but to no avail. She wanted to sneak back to the tribe and steal chamomile seeds. Though her powers were in fact, officially gone. She gave up, regretting that she forgot to grow one of the most important flowers in a Witch's life.

Pride and Wrath walked outside, sitting by the lake and skipping rocks.

"We should go to you know where," Pride told his brother.

Wrath held a rock midway from throwing it, amazed that his brother would come up with such an idea. "But we promised Mother we wouldn't."

"Hmm," Pride sighed, thinking about how they could help their mother and their youngest brother. He had an idea. He doesn't know if it was good or not, but taking risks is in his nature and this was a dangerous risk he wanted to take."Is Fluffy good with sneaking around?"

Wrath shrugged. "I don't know."

Pride looked behind them, watching his Hellhound, Alpha, and Wrath's Hellhound playing with a toy Virago made for them.

"We'll figure it out then," Pride said.

So they both planned on when they should leave. When Virago started feeding Envy, Pride took the last pouch of chamomile seeds and made his and Wrath's Hellhound sniff its scent.

"Make sure you take as much as you can," he ordered his Hellhound. "Okay, Alpha?"

Alpha barked in response.

Wrath pointed at Pride, smiling at Fluffy. "What he said."

They snuck away, making sure none of their brothers knew where they were going. They followed the path they took when they got lost all those years ago. Pride decided to hide up in the trees to watch the Hellhounds steal the chamomile from the Taínos. Only they were able to see them because the Hellhounds made themselves invisible to the Taínos.

Alpha was sniffing around. Fluffy passed by a squirrel. He got distracted while Alpha continued smelling the Taíno's tents. Fluffy killed the squirrel, wagging his tail as he ate his kill.

"God damn it, Fluffy," Wrath groaned.

Pride chuckled. "You gotta start training him."

"He can't be trained nor tamed."

"Like you?"

Wrath threw a stick at his older brother.

"Shut up!" he bellowed in a whisper. They watched the stick fall. Wrath rolled his eyes. "Okay, that's true."

Fluffy started looking around for more animals.

Wrath sighed. "I should go down there to stop him."

Pride nodded. "Try not to get caught."

Wrath jumped down the tree without making a sound. The Taínos were gathered around a fire, some playing music and some just chatting.

"Psst!" Wrath whispered. "Fluffy, you need to go help Alpha!"

Fluffy stuck out his tongue. He ran off to find more animals to kill. Wrath slapped his forehead and slid his hand down his face.

"I'm gonna have to train him," he groaned.