Chapter 11

VIRAGO

I only have two classes a day and the weekends off from school. So I feel like I spend more time at work than at school. It's also weird that despite all the time I spend working, I still have time to do homework. I've been working overtime lately because of the hundreds I'm making an hour.

After leaving school, I changed into my more work-friendly clothes - a white blouse with black dress pants and some jewelry to make me look less of a boring secretary. On my way to work, I bought some doughnuts. I've been working for a week and I noticed Lucifer never eats. So since I'm so nice, I'm going to bring him some doughnuts.

Gosh, I'm way too nice. I really shouldn't be doing this. He doesn't deserve my kindness, but I'm also just doing this to agitate him.

Once I arrived at work, I see Lucifer isn't in his side of the room. Probably with that blonde from the other day. Placing the doughnuts on my table, I sat down and open my laptop to get started. To my side, I found some files that Lucifer must've left for me. A post-it note was on top saying each paper needs a copy. Cool.

I can't wait until I leave this job.

Lucifer is totally paying me just to be here because yesterday I didn't do anything. Some days I don't do anything and on other days he gives me a pile of paperwork to do whatever the hell he tells me to do. Am I even the one that's supposed to look through these files? Aren't there other people for this kind of job? Or is he just giving me something to do? This is rough because I usually just sit at my desk being bored out of my mind, making appointments and taking calls for him. People may find this fun, but I don't. At least I'm making money so that makes me feel better.

The door swung open and in came two familiar twins. They both spotted me and stopped, eyes widening like they weren't expecting to see me here. The one with braids in his hair elbowed the other in the ribs. 

The one that got elbowed coughed. "Uh, h-hi, I'm Gerardo and this is Gianni."

"Sup, I'm Vira," I said with a smile. "Your dad isn't here by the way."

Gianni sat on the couch and Gerardo sat across from him.

"We know, we just wanted to chill up here," Gianni said.

"Gotchu," I laughed, stacking some files. "I like having company while I work."

Gerardo grinned. "We're great company."

Great company, but the awkward silence began as soon as he shut his mouth. They stared at each other as if they were having a silent conversation but lucky for them I had to make some copies.

Standing up, I made my way towards the door, telling them I'll be right back. "Don't go too crazy while I'm gone."

Gianni chuckled. "Okay, Mother," he said sarcastically.

Rolling my eyes, I smiled at them as I left the room. So Lucifer really was married to a woman of color. The twins have beautiful brown skin, like mine, with Lucifer's eyes. One of these days I have to see a picture of her.

After printing about ten copies, I found myself walking into what could be my downfall. Gianni was eating the doughnuts!

"Hey!" I stomped past Patrizio, and another one of Lucifer's sons I haven't met before, then smacked Gianni's hand lightly. "That's your fathers! It had his name on it!"

Gianni shrugged with nonchalance. He took another bite and spoke with his mouth full. "I know, that's why I'm eating it."

My jaw slackened, I glared at him for doing this. He could've at least asked first! Not eat as soon as he sees food!