Chapter 16

When Virago was pregnant with her second child, it was entirely different than the nine months she was pregnant with Pride. Every day she woke up in a nasty mood. When Lucifer tried to make her feel better, she'd snap at him to leave her alone.

He didn't leave her alone at all. He decided to test the waters and see how angry she'd get. The second she started throwing objects at him, screaming for him to go away, Calinaigh had to take Pride away so Lucifer could sort things out.

Lucifer gripped Virago's arms, kissing her roughly. He picked her up and brought her to their room. She was angry at him and at herself for falling for his dangerous, dominating charm. Lucifer knew the only way she could relieve her nasty rage was through rough intercourse.

Lucifer left her satisfied after every session because he was afraid of what she'd do if she got too angry.

Virago got angry at the smallest things. When he came home a day late from Hell and when he forgot to bring Pride a toy, she was so enraged. That night he had to make love with her until she fell asleep.

During her third trimester, they laid next to each other in bed, her swollen belly pressing against his side. Virago rubbed her hand on his naked chest.

Lucifer sighed exhaustedly. "We're naming this one Wrath."

Virago rubbed her cheek against his shoulder, plastering a smile on her lips. "Okay."

She held his hand in hers, rubbing an old, large scar that started from his pinky to his thumb. Intertwining their fingers, she asked where did he get the scar.

Lucifer looked at it and chuckled. "A stupid fight with my shitty brother. He pinned me down and cut my hand open."

"That's barbaric!"

"Wasn't to that asshole. There's no limit to his kind of torture."

"What was the worst thing he did to you?"

"He tried to sever my wings off," Lucifer sighed, running his fingers through her hair. "I hated him ever since."

His wings? Virago clenched her jaw, gripping her hands into fists. That man must've hurt her husband many times considering the fact that Lucifer knew more of his brother's despicable torture. She was full of hate, simmering, burning hate for Lucifer's brother. Virago wanted to rip Michael's heart out and stuff it into his mouth. She wanted to torture him, spend hours hearing his delightful screams for hurting Lucifer.

"I'll kill him," Virago hissed, the rage Lucifer took away rising again. "I'll cut his dick off and shred it to pieces! I'll make him drink his own blood!"

Lucifer laughed, kissing her lips to calm her down.

When Wrath was born, he cried louder than Pride. Calinaigh was holding him while he heard Virago's voice and he increased his screams just so she could hold him. Once Virago laid him on her chest, he opened his eyes and giggled at the sound of her familiar heartbeat.

Pride finally opened his eyes. He had them closed previously because he was afraid of watching his brother come out.

He gasped at the little baby laying on his mother's chest. "Little broder!"

Pride stood closer to Virago and grinned. Lucifer squatted down, ruffling Pride's hair. "Say hello, Pride."

"Hello, Pride!" he repeated and waved at the baby, making his parents and Calinaigh laugh.

Virago kissed Pride's cheek then Wrath's head.

Sometimes when Wrath cried and he heard Lucifer's or Virago's voice, he'd stop his crying and smile. Wrath was the angriest baby Virago has ever seen, but he took out his anger on his brother. The first time Pride wanted to play with Wrath, he hit him which made Pride cry, "Baby hit me!"