Chapter 34

Virago was feeding five-year-old Envy, sitting between Lucifer's legs while the others played. Wrath and Pride were nowhere to be seen. Both were away, hunting with their Hellhounds for food. She spoon-fed Envy who had a hard time eating. He wanted to join his brothers and play, but Virago told him he had to eat first.

"When you finish your vegetables you can go play, okay, Envy?"

Envy nodded. "Okay, Mama."

Lucifer was massaging Virago's shoulders and nuzzled her neck. "Let's make another baby."

"How many children do you want, Lucifer?" Virago giggled, his facial hair tickling her skin.

"I want to stop when we have a girl," he whispered with a smirk, kissing her neck.

"We're gonna have fifteen kids by the time that happens."

Lust, who was just ten, overheard their conversation. He sat by Envy, holding a lizard he found in Virago's garden.

"Where do babies come from?"

Virago and Lucifer froze. She raked her thoughts to come up with a white lie but nothing came to mind. None of her kids asked her that before. What was she supposed to say?

"Well..." she cleared her throat. "...um."

"Cali said they get delivered by seagulls," Lust said, not noticing the awkward position he just put his parents in. "But I think that's bullshit."

"Lust!" Virago gasped, continuing to feed Envy. "Language!"

Lust pointed at the woods. "But Pride and Wrath says it!"

"Ugh," Virago groaned. "Of course."

No wonder he cursed smoothly like that. Virago knows they curse in front of their little brothers.

Lucifer played with Virago's hair. "They can curse because they're old enough."

"How come they don't say it around you, Mother?" Lust asked, letting go of the lizard and watching it scurry away.

Virago felt relieved that he forgot the first question he had.

"They don't because they don't like speaking inappropriately when she's around," Lucifer replied to his son.

"Why?"

"Because they think it's not polite."

Lust tilted his head in wonder. "Why?"

"Because she's a woman."

"So?"

Lucifer sighed. "How did you feel when you cursed in front of Virago, son?"

"Hm," Lust looked at Virago. "Just now it felt...wrong saying it in front of you, Mother."

"Once you're older I don't care if you do," she said, feeding Envy the rest of his food. "I'm already used to it because of Lucifer."

"But Father never curses around you so when does he?"

"I...uh..." she began to remember the times Lucifer cursed when they had sex. "Actually, you're right, he never cursed around me."

Lucifer squeezed her thigh and she glanced at him. He winked, trying to hold back a smirk.

Lust nodded and grinned at Lucifer. "Father, what's the baddest word?"

Virago turned to face Lucifer. "Don't-"

"Fuck," Lucifer said proudly.

"Fuck!" Envy giggled.

"Lucifer!" Virago snapped harshly.

Lucifer was too shocked to respond.

"Haha! Fuck!" Envy repeated.

"Envy," Virago held his face in her hands. "My baby, don't say that. Those are bad words children shouldn't say."

"Oh," Envy gasped and nodded. "Okay, Mama."

Virago glared at Lucifer and he just started laughing, hugging her and apologizing. Lust picked up Envy to play with him and Virago sighed with relief.

"That was a close one," she whispered.

"Never cursed around you, huh?" he asked huskily in her ear. "I curse every night and day, Virago."

He squeezed her ass and she squirmed under his hands. "Oh, shut up, you know why I didn't tell him anything."

"Yeah," he sighed, rubbing her arm. "We have to tell him eventually. We told Pride and Wrath where babies come from once they reached thirteen. Lust will reach that age soon."

Virago nodded and lied back on his chest. Her kids ran around the grass with their Hellhounds, shouting and laughing while Envy was possessed by a spell of giggles.

"They're all growing up so fast," Virago said. "It feels like just yesterday I gave birth to Envy."

Lucifer braided her hair and kissed the back of her neck. Suddenly, he went rigid. The sound of a painful scream coming from miles away ringed his eardrums.

He stood up and Virago followed suit. "Lucifer, what's wrong?"

"It's Wrath."

NOTE

Do you think Wrath hurt someone or do you think he was the one that got hurt?

Thank you for reading!

- Sin