Chapter 46

Lucifer was skipping rocks, sitting by a lake in Heaven, years before his banishment. He just had another fight with God because he said something he shouldn't have said - he didn't want to take care of the Humans.

"Why does He want them to be above us Angels?" he wondered to himself. "We're Angels, they should be the ones to bow at our feet, it shouldn't be the other way around."

He stretched his wings and laid down on the grass, folding his hands behind his head. So many questions built up in his thoughts. Why did he have to be born so different than the other Angels? Why did God create such weak disgusting beings when he had his own world in Heaven? And why do they have to live by following all these unnecessary rules just to be at peace after death? No sex before marriage, no masturbation, no fun. The old man really considers everything a sin.

Lucifer found it suspicious, yet his questions were considered blasphemous. He was the outcast, the black sheep, the man that caused everyone to whisper when he walked by. He was the only Angel that questioned his father when everyone just stood by and listened. Lucifer closed his eyes, taking in a deep breath and sighed. At least he gets to relax for once.

"You're such a loner."

Lucifer snapped his eyes open. Peace was too good to be true apparently. He threw a rock at Michael, not caring that he missed.

"Could you leave me alone for once?"

"I can't, little brother," Michael said, kicking the rock. "You're too fun to mess with."

"You're fucking annoying," Lucifer groaned.

"Look, I just heard Lyria talking about you and I wanted to let you know."

Lucifer quickly sat up. "What's she saying about me?"

"Oh," Michael sigh, shrugging like he didn't care. "That she wants to be mates with you and that she was going to ask Father for His approval."

Lucifer had a small crush on Lyria ever since he was a child. The thought of being Soulmates with her excited him. He flew to go see her and he found her with some of her friends sitting by a cherry blossom tree that blooms all year long in Heaven.

Lyria smiled. "Oh, hey, Lucifer."

Her friends blushed, staring at his chest and large wings. Lucifer ignored them, he was out of breath from flying too fast.

"Is it true?" he huffed. 

"Is what true?"

"You...you really want to be Soulmates?"

Lyria's eyes widened. She looked at her friends before giggling into a full-body laugh.

"Lucifer where did you hear that from? I don't even like you like that."

Lucifer's voice cracked. "O-oh."

Before Lyria could apologize, Lucifer jumped in the air and flew away. Lucifer jumped in the air and flew away as he left his crying heart behind him. He really liked Lyria. His pain turned to anger and he sped on over to find Michael who was still by the lake.

Lucifer tackled him to the ground. "You sick fuck!

"I can't believe you were convinced by that!" Michael laughed madly. "You're so gullible!

Lucifer punched his face. "Why the fuck would you lie like that?!"

"Because you're so stupid!" Michael shouted. "Luci, do you really think anyone would ever love you?!"

Lucifer punched him in the face again and stormed off, crying as he flew away. He hated everyone. He hated Michael most of all. He hated himself for believing that Lyria would ever like him. 

His tears fell in the air as he sniffled. "I guess not."

Lucifer flew above God's palace, landing on the roof. What he hates most about Heaven is that no matter how many times he tries to hide on a high surface, some Angel always finds him. And of all Angels, Lyria was the one to find him.

"I knew I'd find you up here," Lyria giggled, smiling at a brooding Lucifer. 

"Fuck off," Lucifer growled. The last thing he wanted was his crush to speak to him now.

Lyria sat next to him, her smile falling. She only wanted to cheer him up.

"When did you start liking me?"

"The day at the lake," he muttered.

"Oh."

They sat in silence. Lyria was flattered that one of the sons of God had feelings for her, especially the most handsome one. He's of royal blood and she's just a normal Angel woman, it's unfortunate that she doesn't share Lucifer's feelings. Lyria placed a hand on his shoulder. 

Lucifer stiffened. "What?"

As much as he hated the fact that she humiliated him in front of her friends, he couldn't hate her. She was the most beautiful female Angel, intelligent and strong.

"I may not be the one for you, Lucifer," she said. "But there's someone out there for you."

Lucifer rolled his eyes. "I know every single Angel on Heaven, there's no one like you."

"You never know, maybe you won't be mated to an Angel, maybe you'll fall in love with a Nymph, or a Demi-god, and if God ever changes his rules, maybe a Hum-"

"Don't!" he barked. Lyria flinched at the power of his voice. "Don't you dare finish that fucking sentence!"

Hearing the woman he was infatuated with saying he might fall in love with such a creature enraged him. How dare she? Anything but a Human was what he wanted. Lucifer flew away, leaving Lyria behind as she watched him go.

Lucifer doesn't need her. He doesn't need anybody. He'd rather stay cold-hearted until the day he turns to dust. Fuck everyone else, no one deserves him. He only needed himself and that's how it was going to be from here on out.

NOTE

We're almost to the end, guys. ;~;

Thank you so much for reading djkvbfvdv

I'll see you all in the next chapter :)

- Sin