Chapter 25

Pride: he doesn't deserve you, if he doesn't treat you right by now, you're gone

Lust: I'm gone! D:<

Pride: Now go chop his dick off! 

VIRAGO

"Take the dress!"

I pushed the skimpy dress away. "It's a gala! Not a nightclub!"

The entire day Jazmine and I have been searching for a dress I'm not going to buy. Tomorrow is Lucifer's gala and she's forcing me to go and wear something revealing. I keep declining each dress she offered though. Yet she was still carrying all the dresses I don't want.

She threw the white dress over her shoulder as we walked around Camille's. "If you wanna look snatched this weekend you gotta show skin and cleavage."

"I'm supposed to look elegant," I said once again. "Besides, I'm not buying anything today. I'm not going."

"Fuck the tuition!"

"What?!"

"You didn't let me finish," she said with a pout. "I was gonna say fuck the tuition and fuck Lucifer so you don't gotta worry about money."

I stared at her, she can't possibly be asking me to sleep with my boss. As much I really want to, I can't be that unprofessional. Sure, its a fantasy of mine and a trope I like to read, but there's no way I'm doing that.

"Why aren't you answering!?" Jaz cried.

"I am! I'm just trying to comprehend the dumbest thing you've ever said your entire life!"

"Girl," she sighed as she stopped walking and I stood next to her, letting the person behind me pass. "Imagine the jackpot you're gonna get once you start fucking him. You're gonna be swimming in more money than you get paid right now."

"I mean, well, yeah but -"

"But what?! ¡El se trato a besarte, Virago! "(He tried to kiss you, Virago!)

I shouldn't have told her what happened yesterday. Ever since I texted her last night she wouldn't shut up about Lucifer and me. "It was just a spur of the moment thing, he was sad, I was comforting him and I...I was gonna do it but..."

"But that bitch had to walk in," Jaz groaned and we continued walking. "I know."

She knows about Kristie, too. I remember the night I found her and Lucifer together, Jaz and Yesenia came over with liquor and fried chicken to help me cope and let my anger out. My crush on him hurts me sometimes.

"Yeah..." I sighed.

Eventually, I made sure Jazmine put all the dresses back. I had to put my foot down and she finally caved in. Since I'm the mom of our friend group, I made sure she placed everything back where she found it. We browsed around the mall for another hour, buying bath bombs, candles, and mists from Bath & Body Works. She did most of the buying since I didn't want to spend over $20.

I finally arrived back home after a long day walking in that mall. Hopping on the couch and kicking my slippers off, my dogs jumped on the couch to lay next to me and Hades sat on the floor. I called Mami using a calling card for D.R. and she picked up on the second ring.

"Virago!" she exclaimed. "Mi niña, como tu ta?!" (My girl, how are you?!)

"Bendicion (Blessings), Mami," I yawned. "I'm fine, I just wanted to hear your voice...and ask you something."

"Ask me what? This better not be about that new iPhone you want porque no voy a -" (...because I'm not going to -)

"Oh, my God," I groaned. "Mami, no, this is something else."

I've been meaning to hear her advice about this. So I explained the situation about me and Lucifer. Excluding his name, that he's my boss, that he's way older than me, and that he has kids. I asked what I should do when I like a man who doesn't really like me. I also mentioned the way he treated me.

"Coño (Fuck), what the fuck is wrong with you, Vira?" Mami asked as soon as I finished talking.

"Mami!" I gasped.

"Fuck that guy!" she snapped. "Why the fuck you like someone who treats you that way? That's not like you."

Okay, I guess I shouldn't have told her any of that because of what happened with Papi. She's right though. I shouldn't like Lucifer but I can't help it. I'm drawn to him despite the way he treats me.

"Okay, so I'll stop liking him." That was a big lie. "I'll call you later, Mami. I love you."

We both said our goodbyes. I continued to lay on the couch, staring at the ceiling and hoping something could help me get rid of this asinine crush I have on Lucifer. I hate guys like him. I never liked guys like him, so why the hell do I like him so much? I was never the kind of girl that falls for looks first, it's always the personality that gets me. Lucifer is extremely handsome yet he has a personality that's equivalent to garbage.

But yesterday was different. He never ignored me when I greeted him, he helped me when I had a question, and he even offered to buy me lunch. Jaz was right, I guess he's bipolar.

The doorbell rang and I head on over to answer, pushing Pickles and Lyla back with my foot as I opened the door. Outside stood a young man holding a present with sharp features. Gray hair, and a long strong nose, he looks unnatural and it sent a chill to my heart, but when he smiled, everything felt fine again.

"Uhh, yes?" I asked.

"Package for Virago Castillo," he said with a grin, holding up the flat, dark blue box.

I nodded. "That's me."

He handed me the box and left without saying goodbye. Back in my living room, Hades sat next to me as I detached the note from the box. It had an L engraved on it in cursive.

"Watcha got there, Vira? Can I have the box?"

I opened the note and my heart squirmed with joy. "It's from Lucifer."

"That's not something you hear every day."

I read the note out loud:

"Virago, you will wear this tomorrow night. Let this be your invitation for a special evening at my manor. Arrive promptly at 5pm so you could receive a proper makeover. The gala will begin at 8pm on the dot. Bring a change of clothes, there's a possible chance of a thunderstorm so I'm offering you a room to stay in for the night.

- Lucifer."

Hades licked his paw. "Can you take me?"

"What? No." I said, booping his nose. "It's gonna be weird if I have you in my arms all night."

He tilted his head to the side. "Oh, so you're going, aren't you?"

I ignored him and slid the box open, removing the white tissue paper and gasped. "Holy...Jesus."

It's a long black dress, perfect for the gala tomorrow. I tried to look for the price, hoping it didn't cost Lucifer much but he must've taken the tag off.

"Virago." Hades's pupils enlarged as I took it out of the box. "If you don't wear that I'm going to claw your eyes out when you sleep."

"Okay." I guess it wouldn't hurt to attend the gala just for a bit. "I'm only going so I could wear this and -"

"And bring me back catnip?"

"No," I scoffed. "And for the food, Human food."

"I...I hate you."

NOTE

hehehehehe that gala is coming >:D Get ready for some more spicy stuff >:D

Honestly, if I had a cat like Hades, I'd hug him until he says he loves me. 

Thank you for reading!

- Sin