chapter seven

Daniel : 3:29 a.m.

   She was here. Lying in my arms, sound asleep. She wasn't at home with him, where she'd probably be up wondering where she went wrong again. Even though it wasn't her fault. It never was her fault, but yet she still took the blame for his sake.

    I knew things with her and Aaron were complicated, and I could never compare to what they had. But I liked her. A lot. I couldn't help myself and the way she makes me feel. The moment I saw her with Zach, my heart led me towards her before I can stop it. I met her less then two weeks ago and she was all I thought about. I was going insane over this girl. The girl that wasn't mine.

    I looked at her as she softly snoored on my chest. I wish she were awake so I could see her eyes. Her eyes were a mix of green and orange and brown, what some might call 'hazel', but to me they were something different. She had mentioned that the beauty mark below her lips was her biggest insecurity, that she's always wanted it removed. But it completed her, and it made her look extra beautiful. Her dirty blonde hair was already a mess from her turning in her sleep, but always coming back to lay on my chest and pulling my body close to her for warmth. I couldn't stop but think if she was like this with Aaron, or if he thought or saw her the way I do. I was falling. Hard. I so desperately wanted this girl to see me like I see her.

    I looked at her once more. She was already everything to me. And I would do whatever it takes to show her that.

    I would do whatever it takes to make her mine.