chapter eleven

"I really wish we could go with you," Daniel said and walked over to me. It was early the next morning and I planned on going apartment hunting, while the boys had some last minute interviews and meetings. I was getting ready in his bathroom while he ran around trying to find an outfit.

    "It's fine, really. If you get done while I'm still out you can always join me for the rest of the day," I looked at him through the mirror. He was holding up two shirts, struggling to find something to wear. I laughed to myself and turned towards his closet. "Let me help."

     I skimmed through almost every shirt he had before pulling out a black and white stripped shirt. I found a pair of black cropped pants to go with it. He looked at the clothes and then at me before taking them and changing. I stepped back into the bathroom and did some small finishing touches on my makeup and hair. Daniel came back out and stood in the mirror, buttoning the shirt. I scanned the outfit. How could he always look so good.

    "Here," I said and unbuttoned three of the top buttons. "It looks awkward when you have all of them buttoned." I smoothed out the fabric by his shoulders and readjusted his chain. I bit my lip and smiled at him. "Perfect."

    Daniel looked at himself in the mirror and then back at me. "I should really make you my personal stylist." He pulled me to him and pulled out his phone. "Lets take a picture?" He said it as more of a question, but I smiled in response.

   He clicked on the Instagram story camera and posed seriously. I looked up and laughed at him just as he took it. In the picture, Daniel stood seriously while I was mid laugh. He smiled at it and made the caption 'thanks for dressing me today'. He added my username and the posted it.

   "There, now the whole world can see how beautiful you are." He poked the tip of my nose and flashed the smile that was growing to be my most favorite thing. He looked down at my outfit. It was just a pair of tan paper-bag style shorts with a silk white tank top tucked in. I had left my hair in its natural waves and kept my makeup minimal, like most days. "You do look really beautiful today."

     "You don't look so bad either, Seavey," I winked at him. There was a knock on the door, followed by Jonah yelled on the other side. "I guess we better get going."

    I went to walk away, but Daniel grabbed my wrist gently, pulling me back into him. He just looked into my eyes and bit the inside of his cheek. "Sorry, I just wanted to take another look at you." I playfully hit him as he placed a small kiss on my cheek.

---

  Apartment hunting was tiring and boring. Every one I looked at was either overpriced or in a bad area. I was so close to giving up until I finally found a loft styled apartment only 15 minutes away from the UCLA campus. It had white accents throughout the apartment and a spiral staircase that led to the bedroom. It was a bit small, but had the most amazing view of Los Angeles.

  "So, could this be the one?" My realtor for the day asked with high hopes. She was such a big help today since I couldn't have the boys with me.

   "I think so," I smiled wide and looked around once more. It was the perfect place for just me.

    "Great! Let's give the landlord a call and get the lease signed!" She said excitedly and went to the kitchen to call the landlord.

      After about another hour and a half, we had all of the paperwork done and over with. They gave me the keys and left me in the apartment by myself. This placd was officially mine. Of course I needed to shop for furniture and everything, but it was mine and that was all that mattered. I didn't have help from my parents or Aaron or- Aaron.

    It had only been a day, but it felt like forever since the last time I seen him. I did need to get the last of my things, maybe I should just go over. I sighed as I grabbed my keys.