chapter twenty

Daniel : 2:12 am

Sometimes you meet someone, and it's clear that the two of you, on some level, belong together. Things just fall so easily in place when they're around. Like she had said earlier, I think I knew it from the moment I saw her.

I loved her. God knows I loved this girl. I loved the way she got along with almost everyone. The way she kept strong even when she was about to break, and still kept smiling through it all. She was inspirtation, my muse, my entire world.

She was right, the last few weeks have been hard. It wasn't fully her fault, as she claims. It was clear that I liked her from day 1, but maybe if I told her how I really felt sooner, she would've left Aaron long ago.

But now she was mine. And not in that weird 'she's mine and no one else can have her' possessive way. She wasn't really mine in a label sense, but she loved me. And I loved her. And that was all that mattered to me.

I craved so much more than a physical connection when it came to her. I craved words and the meaning behind them. I wanted to know who she really was and where she came from, her desires and fears. I wanted to see every inch of her beyond what the world sees.

And at the end of the day, if something comes crashing back into our lives, it's always going to be her. In a hundred lifetimes, worlds, or realities.

I'd find her. And I'd make her mine.