chapter twenty-three

"Thats cool, Baby. I mean, you know how it is. Rockin' and rollin' and whatnot."

   Daniel laid in between my legs, resting his head on my stomach as I ran my fingers through his hair. We had spent the last few hours watching movies and I insisted that the last one would be Grease, my favorite movie ever. It was around 8 and Daniel couldn't stay over due to an early studio session in the morning. But about a half hour in, soft snores slipped from his lips.

  "Dani," I whispered and sat up a bit. He didn't move, so I lightly shook his shoulder. Daniel's eyes stayed closed as he wrapped his arms under my body.

    "5 more minutes." He groaned, his voice deep from slumber. I giggled and poked his nose.

    "5 minutes is gonna turn into hours if I let you sleep. You have to be in the studio at 7 and I have school at 8." I tried moving my spot, but his arms tightened around my body.

   "I don't wanna go." His voice gave away how tired he really was. I knew Daniel stayed up late almost every night, if he even did get sleep that night. He was always kept busy with his music that he couldn't stop once he had already started. The man was so dedicated, but not to his sleep schedule.

   "You're cute and all, but the boys are gonna be mad if you sleep in and miss the studio." I tried getting up, but he tightened his arms around my waist. "Daniel James Seavey."

   "Madison Paige Redding." Daniel mocked and finally moved his head to look at me. His eyes were puffy from the lack of sleep and his cheeks were tinted pink.

   "You're super cute, you know that?" I asked and pinched his cheeks gently. He scrunched his nose and smiled up at me.

   "You're like super dooper pretty, you know that?" He asked, climbing over me. He hovered over me as I looked into his eyes, instantly getting lost.

    "Dooper isn't a word, Genius." I joked and poked his nose.

     "Thank you, Ms. English Major." Daniel mocked at me with a smile before lowering his head, placing his lips on mine.

   Our lips moved in sync as the kiss got more intense. Daniel's hands slid from above my head to my waist, trailing their way underneath my shirt. My fingers played with the hem of his shirt. He pulled away for a spilt second to remove it, them immediately returned back to the kiss. My fingers traced the outline of his as his lips moved down to my neck. He nibbled at a spot gently, sending shivers down my entire body. Daniel moved back to my lips, leaving a long, lingering kiss before pulling away.

  "I gotta go," He smirked down at me.

  "I hate you." I playfully pushed him as we sat up. I knew we weren't going to go all the way tonight, I would have stopped eventually, but I wanted to enjoy a little bit of that side of him before he had to go.

   "Trust me, Pretty Girl, I would've loved to continue, but I want our first time to be special. I don't wanna waste it on some couch." He laughed nervously and slipped his shirt back over his head. We stood up and I walked him to the door.

    "I have school and work tomorrow, so I don't know if I'll be able to see you." I pouted as I leaned against the door. This was already the first night in a couple of weeks that Daniel and I weren't sharing a bed, tomorrow would be the first full day I haven't spent time with him since I stayed that week with the boys at their house.

   "I think we can survive one day. I'll most likely be in the studio all day, anyways." Daniel leaned down and kissed my pout. He looked at me for a second and smiled. "Let me take you out on Friday?"

   "As long as it's not a cheesy dinner and a movie thing, consider it a date." I stood on my toes and kissed his cheek. Daniel took my hand in his, swinging our arms.

   "Now I get to tell all the boys I've got a date with the prettiest girl in the entire universe." He raised my hand and kissed my knuckles. His eyes trailed to the clock on the wall. "Okay now I really have to get going."

   "Be careful and text me when you get home. I love you." I wrapped my arms around him and looked up at him.

    "And I love you more." He leaned down and placed a quick kiss on my lips.

   "I love you most." I argued and pouted like a baby.

    "Madison Paige, I will fight you on that one." He laughed before stepping out of the doorway. We said our goodnights before he was finally on his way. 

    I closed the door and made my way to the bathroom to get ready for bed, only for the door to knock again. Confused, I went over to the door and opened it. Stacey stood in the hall with her arms crossed.

    "Stacey? What are you doing here, it's almost 9?" I asked and let her in.

     "I got done work and figured I'd come over to see my best friend's new place, only to see her practically throwing herself at the guy I asked her to set me up with not even a month ago!" Stacey yelled, her face as red as her hair. She was in the hallway when Daniel was here? And she thought I was throwing myself at him? I was going to tell her, obviously, I just would've never expected her to get this mad.

    "Stacey, listen. A lot has gone on the past couple of months and it just kinda sorta happened. I can't help the way I feel about him." I tried to reason with her, but she shook her head the entire time.

    "Does Aaron know? Does he know that while you two are on a break you're running around with Daniel?" Stacey rolled her eyes and looked at me like I was stupid.

     "Aaron and I broke up. We aren't together anymore." I said, trying not to remember the events from the following morning. It still was crazy to think that was today when it felt like an eternity. 

    "So that gives you more of a reason to go behind my back and see the guy I said I liked?"

    "You just asked if I could set you up. You never said anything about actually liking him. You don't even know him like that, Stacey." I wasn't trying to argue or be mean about the situation, but she kept on throwing stuff out of nowhere and none of it made sense.

    "You know what? I'm done. I should've known this was gonna happen." Stacey stomped out, slamming the door behind her. I sighed, not even bothered by the situation after what's happened in the last few days. Of course I was upset, but there was obviously no way of getting through to her.

    I finished getting ready, the events of today replaying in my head. First it was officially breaking things off with Aaron and everything that happened there, Daniel threatening to go over there and do something, then spending the rest of the day with him trying to do everything to make my feel better, a very heated make out session, and lastly losing my only real girl friend.

  How could life be so shitty, but yet so great at the same time? I was living in Los Angeles, working on getting to my dream career, and had the most amazing boy and his friends by my side. Yet I had just gotten out of an abusive relationship and had no friends of my own. I knew things wouldn't always be like this and thay some things just need time.

  I just wished time would stop and give me some sort of relief.