chapter fifty-four

Daniel's hand clutched mine tightly as we walked through the crowded airport. We'd stop to talk and take pictures with fans, but we had to keep going in order to catch both of our flights. Mine left at 2 and his left at 3:30. I would going to Pennsylvania to visit my family for the first time since August, and he was leaving for the first leg of the 8 Letters Tour. Once I got back, it would be nothing but school and book preparation. It killed me knowing I wouldn't have Daniel here with me physically, but his undying support was all I needed, no matter where he was.

   We went through the whole process together and patiently waited for our flights to be called. Daniel took random pictures on me while I was trying to go through my carry on.

   "Daniel, what are you doing?" I laughed and zippered my bag. I sat next to him, laying my head on his shoulder.

   "I need to make sure I have enough pictures of you, that way I can look at my Pretty Girl whenever I miss you." Daniel said and flipped through the pictures he took.

    "You're a dummy," I giggled and pinched his cheek. He opened Snapchat and started recording me, zooming into my face. I scrunched up my nose at the camera, making Daniel laugh.

     Gonna miss u:(, he captioned it before posting. I took out my phone and did the same to him. I never thought we'd be the couple to make a sappy post whenever we would be apart.

    "Flight 38 for Harrisburg, Pennsylvania now boarding at Gate 2" the man over the intercom announced. I sighed and squeezed Daniel's hand.

    "I'll walk you to your gate." Daniel kissed my temple as we stood up. We walked slowly to my gate, trying to savor our last few moments together. When we got to my gate I stopped and turned towards him.

    "Six weeks. We can do this, Dani." I gave him a reassuring smile. He chuckled and wrapped his arms around me. He nuzzled his head in the crook of my neck.

     "With you, anything is possible." Daniel whispered against my skin. I tightened my arms around him, not wanting to let go. The intercom called over the last boarding announcement. Daniel pulled away but kept me at arms length. "You're gonna do great out there, Pretty Girl."

   "And you're gonna kill it on stage. I'm so proud of you, Baby."

    Daniel smiled before leaning down and placing his lips on mine. The kiss was long and lingering, but never the less sweet and passionate, just as Daniel always tried to make them. His hands cupped my cheeks as he pulled away.

     "I love you, Pretty Girl."

     "I love you, Daniel."

     I reached up and gave him one last kiss before slowly letting go of his hand. I hesitated before turning around and walking towards my gate. It took everything I had to not turn around and run back to him. When I handed the lady my ticket, I looked up at him. He was still standing there watching me. Daniel sent a smile my way before turning around and walking to his gate.

  The entire flight home, I thought about what the last few months held. I moved to Los Angeles with my boyfriend straight out of high school, started college at UCLA, met the best group of friends ever, got proposed to, broke up with said boyfriend, getting my book published, and fell in love with the most amazing man ever. It was crazy the way life had twisted so quickly. It was the hardest yet best months of my life. And now, in the next few months, I'll be a published author and growing a beautiful relationship that I hope lasts for the rest of my life.

   And there wasn't a single thing I would change.

  The End.