chapter forty-five

Two weeks went by faster than we could've thought, and come Monday, the boys would be off for their first tour stop in San Francisco. Daniel and I tried to spend as much time together as we could, but with his rehearsals and my school schedule, it didn't work out like we'd hoped. So when Daniel's parent suggested we went to Joshua Tree for the weekend, Daniel immediately jumped on it.

"We went there a couple months ago and it was beautiful, you're gonna love it." Daniel had told me as he rented a small cabin for the weekend.

So here we were, on a two hour ride to Joshua Tree. I had a book in my hands as Daniel sang along quietly to the words playing through the speakers. We had agreed to take my car, Daniel thinking it would be better to take a Wrangler to the desert rather than a Tesla. I let him drive because I would not be able to sit still for two hours.

"Babyyyy." Daniel whined from next to me. I held my page with my finger, and turned to look at him. "Talk to meee."

"You act like a 5 year old," I laughed and folded the corner of my page. I put the book on the dashboard and turnt my body to face him. I leaned my elbow on the center console, resting my chin on the back of my hand. "What do you wanna talk about then, Baby?"

"I don't know. You've had your nose stuck in that book since we got into the car and I'm lonely." Daniel pouted and looked over at me for a second.

"It's sooo good though," I rambled on about the book. It was about this girl who goes off to college and falls in love with this guy, but he doesn't feel the same way and is mainly using her for sex and as a distraction from his actual problems. The book itself was so well written and explains the characters feelings so well.

"You're such a nerd," Daniel laughed and rested his hand on my thigh. He turned right and we were suddenly on a street with rows of cabins. We went into the main office and got the keys for the cabin we were staying at. It was at the end of the road, a good distance from the house next to it.

The living room had two small couches facing a stone fireplace. There were a small set of stairs, leading up to the loft bedroom. The kitchen was a decent size with a cute little dinning table and matching chairs. Through the sliding glass doors, there was a large pool and a hot tub off to the side. You could see the mountains from here. Daniel was right, it was beautiful.

"It's a good thing I told you to bring your bathing suit, we are getting in that hot tub before we leave." Daniel said into my ear from behind me qnd lightly nibbled on my ear lobe. His hand trailed down my butt, squeezing it lightly. Daniel moved my hair to the side and began leaving kisses down my neck. I took advantage of the moment, smirking to myself and turning around.

"Why don't we go in now?" I said seductively, keeping my face close to his. Daniel licked his lips and gripped onto my waist, pulling our bottom halves together.

"That might be the best idea you've ever had." Daniel's voice was hushed but loud enough that I could hear him. His lips lightly grazed over mine before he gently pushed them into mine.