chapter thirty-seven

My phone rang loudly, causing me to stir in my sleep. I woke up and went to grab my phone, but Daniel's arms were locked around my waist tightly and my back was pressed against his chest. I managed to move out of his arms without waking him. The call had ended and notifications from Zach filled my screen, so I stepped onto Daniel's patio to call him back.

"Hey, sorry I just woke up. What's up?" I said once I heard the line connect. There was a breeze passing by, sending chills up my bare legs. I was only wearing one of Daniel's t-shirts and I so desperately wanted to go inside and get back underneath the warm blankets.

"You and Daniel are everywhere. Someone recorded you two last night and posted it somewhere and now it's spreading like wildfire." Zach spoke quickly, almost making me miss what he said.

"What do you mean they recorded us? Recorded what?" Between dinner, our dance on the beach, and what happened when we got back to Daniel's, last night held so many amazing moments. And I wasn't sure if it was just because I had literally just woken up or what, but I seriously didn't know what he was talking about.

"You guys on the boardwalk. Dancing and kissing in front of everyone. I thought you guys wanted to keep it private for a bit?" I couldn't tell if Zach was angry or concerned. His tone was something I had never heard from him before.

"We were, but all that just kind of happened. It was one of those in the moment things." It really did fly both Daniel and I that there were other people there, but we were so captivated in each other that we didn't care. I chewed on my fingernails, a nervous habit that I haven't been able to break since the 5th grade. "What are people saying? Is it bad?"

"It's split. There are the fans that knew about it and are for it, the fans that are completely shocked, and the the ones you don't wanna read."

"Are they that bad?"

"Not necessarily. Our fans can just be a little crazy when it comes to the girls. Kay and I have been together for 6 months and some people still can't stand it." Zach laughed a bit, which lifted a little bit of the weight off my shoulders. "Take my advice and just don't take the bad comments seriously. Nothing is going to come between you and Daniel and that's more than obvious at this point."

I looked through the door and at Daniel. He was beginning to stretch out his arms in his sleep, signaling he would wake up soon. I wasn't sure how he'd feel about the situation, honestly.

"Okay, well I have to go. Thank you, Zach." I bit the inside of my cheek as we said our goodbyes. Sliding the door open and stepping into Daniel's room, Daniel's sleepy blue eyes flashed my way.

"Good morning, Pretty Girl." His voice was deep from slumber. I walked over and sat back on the bed. He pulled my over by my waist, nuzzling his head into my lap.

"So, Zach just called me," I trailed off and ran my fingers through his hair. He mumbled something inaudible as his hand trailed up my shirt and rubbed my back. "Apparently someone recorded us on the boardwalk and posted it. Zach says it's everywhere."

"Everywhere?" He matched his tone with me. He still had his eyes closed and was slowly falling back asleep.

"Daniel," I said seriously. His eyes opened back up and he laid his head straight to look up at me.

"It'll be fine, Madi. I mean, we were going to tell them soon anyways." I looked away, stuck thinking the worst. Daniel sat up, leaning on his side. His finger gently turned my face to his. "C'mon, what's wrong?"

"I don't know, I'm just overthinking. What if they don't like me? What if it just becomes to much and something happens to us?" I bit the inside of my cheek to distract myself from thinking even more.

"It doesn't matter what the fans are going to say. Obviously they're not going to be going anywhere and I can't always stop people from being mean, but that doesn't matter. Nothing matters but you and I. You make me beyond happy and I love you more than anything. Nothing is going to change the way I feel about you."

I looked at him and sighed. He always knew what to say to make me feel better. I leaned down and gave him a quick peck on the lips. "You're amazing, you know?"

"You make me a better person, Pretty Girl." Daniel said and ran his finger up and down my thigh. He stood up and held his hand out for me. "Now c'mon, I'm hungry."

We went downstairs and raided the kitchen to find something to make. Daniel practically begged for pancakes so it was up to me to whip up something for him. As I was cooking, Daniel sat at his phone, typing away at something. When I set his plate in front of him he locked his phone and gave me a goofy smile.

"Check my new Instagram post." He said and kissed my cheek. I gave him a confused look and pulled out my phone. As soon as I went onto instead, my notifications blew up. After searching up Daniel's username, I saw he had posted the video of us. We stood there swaying, totally lost in each other. I scrolled down a bit to read the caption.

seaveydaniel found my new home in your arms, my favorite place to be. my forever and always. thank you for everything you do to make me the happiest man alive. i love you more with each passing day

"Daniel James," I said and walked over to him, wrapping my arms around him and kissing his cheek repeatedly. "I love you so much."

"I love you." He turnt his head and gave me a quick kiss. He poked a piece of his pancakes with his fork and held it up to my mouth. "Now eat, Baby."

I opened my mouth for him to put the food in, but he 'missed' and syrup spread all over my cheek. "Oh really?" I laughed and wiped some of it on my finger. I wiped it on Daniel's nose. He looked at me as if I had murdered someone, sending us both into laughing fits.