chapter forty-seven

Daniel laid asleep upstairs while I laid on the hammock outside by the pool. It was the perfect morning to just relax and read, and while Daniel was fast asleep, this seemed like the best time to do it. The hammock swun lightly with the breeze passing through. I was only wearing Daniel's shirt from the night before, so chills ran up my bare legs. I was so lost in the words on the pages that the world around me became a quiet blur.

"I was wondering where my shirt went." Daniel interrupted, causing me to jump. He laughed at me reaction and crawled onto the hammock next to me. "Why are you up so early, Pretty Girl?"

"Daniel it's like 9:30," I laughed and continued reading. He laid on his side, lifting my arm so he could lay on it and nuzzled his head into my neck.

"We're on vacation. That's early." Daniel groaned and moved around, making the hammock swing more.

"If you keep make this thing flip over, I will kick your ass, Seavey." I laughed and ran my fingers through his hair with one of my hands.

"Oh we'll be fine." Daniel rested one of his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him. Within seconds, his breathing became soft followed by small snores. I smiled and pulled out my phone, taking a video of the sweet moment. Mornings like these ♡ , I captioned it before posting it. I loved that Daniel and I were now public to his fans, that way I was able to capture and share moments like these.

I read for about a half hour before I started to get hungry, while Daniel was still fast asleep. I closed my book and gently shook him. He stirred in his sleep and mumbled something.

"C'mon, Dani. Let's go get food." I said and wiggled out of his arms. He rolled around, stretching out his arms. Suddenly, the hammock flipped over and Daniel was thrown onto the ground. I ran over to his side, kneeling down to him. "Oh my God, are you okay?"

He sat up, his tired eyes still trying to focus on his surroundings. He rubbed his head and began laughing. "I don't even know what happened. I was still half alseep."

"Yea but are you okay?" I took his head in my hands and looked around to make sure he wasn't bleeding or anything.

"I'm fine, Madi." He laughed and stood up. He picked some mulch off of his chest and wipped the dirt off of his arms.

"You're gonna drive me insane, Daniel." I rolled my eyes playfully and stood up. I turned his arms around and examined his body more for any possible cuts.

"And you're gonna make us late for breakfast if you keep playing nurse." Daniel chuckled and grabbed my hands gently. He brought them to his lips, kissing my knuckles.

"You fell hard, I just wanted to make sure your pretty face was still pretty." I squeezed his cheeks. He scrunched up his face and gave me a goofy smile.

"C'mon, let's go. We gotta eat something before we go on our hike." Daniel kissed my temple and led me inside.

"Hike? Daniel James you're literally going to kill me."

---

After breakfast, Daniel kept to his word and drove to the mountains for our hike. Unlike Daniel, I knew it would be hot and changed into clothes appropriate for hiking. Whereas he wore jeans, a long sleeved shirt, a beanie, and a pair of boots.

"It's so hot," Daniel complained for the 20th time in the last 10 minutes. He stopped and took off his shirt and beanie, slinging them over his shoulder.

"And who warned you about that, smart one?" I teased him as we finally reached the top. All you could see were mountains and desert for miles and miles. It was beautiful and breathtaking. Daniel came up from behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist. "I could stay out here forever."

"Don't worry, Pretty Girl. One day we will."