Chapter 6: locked eyes

Theo's POV

I was driving back to our homeland, glancing and admiring the sleeping figure towards my side. Mouth slightly open, letting small, tiny breaths escape. So gentle I think. He must be really tired from all that playing and running in the water earlier. Thinking back a smile creeps upon my face.

After our agreement to be friends once again, Kyran was a little awkward. But once Kena and Kiba pulled us into the water to play tag with them, all was laughter and one or two maybe more shy glances. We played catch, water volleyball and some dude even tired to flirt with Kyran with me, his mate around, the audacity. Well sure I'm not 100% sure about it but I feel it, the mate bond is growing fast. Well we also ended up playing chicken a thousand times, kiba teamed with me and Kena and Kyran on one team. Of course we let them win everytime, not because we are weak in the game. Hehe.

We arrived much quicker than expected, so when I parked the car to a stop I was disappointed and reluctant to wake Kyran up and let him go. For sure I upside down smile was on my face and I was pouting, a manly pout.

But i was soon surprised when my family, well mum came out saying " You'll where long at the beach. How was it, sweety?"

"Eh?" Was my response

"Hmmm. Tired I see" she asked as she poked her head into my open window looking at the twins and Kyran's sleeping figure. A few seconds later i see dad popping his body out from the back garden coming towards us.

"Ehh? What's happening" I asked finally

"Oh my, I totally forgot to tell you huh" mum covers her mouth giggling very suspiciously.

"Tell me what?" I asked a bit annoyed.

"Oh hush son, just our occasional weekend dinner we have with the BloodGates, it's a family dinner, so no leaving and having a sour face or causing trouble with Kyran. Understood." Dad said and instead of being annoyed like I usually would have been, I was ecstatic, joyous and fuzzy on the inside. The thought of being near Kyran for a longer time lit my body up. However I didn't let my parents know these thoughts of mine and simply replied a "Cool" to them.

They clearly looked shocked by my unmoving and calm behaviour. Dad opened the back door picking Kiba and handing him to mum while saying: " Wake Kyran up and bring him inside" and I just hummed my response as he picked Kena up and closed the door. The expression on his face was asking if I caught the flu or got bitten by something weird in the beach, but his mouth never utter a word as I opened my door to get out. I twisted and stretched my body letting a yawn escape my lips.

Mum was on the patio when she said " His hard to wake up and gets moody if his enjoying his sleep. Beware" she giggled along with dad entering the house and closing the door behind them.

I simply shook my head and walked towards the passengers side, opening the door.

"Kyran, we reached home, come on wake up." I said to him and he stayed there in his seat, sleeping and unmoving to any of my words, like a log of wood.

I placed my hand on his shoulder attempting to shake him awake, but sharp flutters of electric sparks ran from him into me making me quickly pull my hands away, then quickly regretting my decision. The feeling of something so unexplainable, I wanted more of it. Just this feeling and action alone confirmed with me that Kyran is my mate. My mate instincts are telling me to lock him up in my room and make love to him until both died due to exhaustion. But alas I restrict my urges and just simply push my hands under Kyrans body. My left hand under his knees and the other just below his shoulders, picking him up princess style and out of the car. I used my one to push the car door closed and walked towards the closed door. A mission ahead, but the sparks running throughout my body and the slight unsettling turns of Kyran's body let me know his feeling the sparks as well.