Epilogue: Part 1

Kyran POV

After a two week recovery in the clan hospital, I'm finally able to run and walk freely.

Well as freely as be, but not really with my wolf mate a step away.

I don't blame him though. After the second of coming our of my coma, I started having nightmares and they usually ended with me waking up at order times during the night and being greatly deprived of sleep. Theo, sweet sweet Theo was always there with me though, comforting me, singing to me and reassuring me that he'll be right next to me whenever I wake up.

Honestly, after a week or nightmares, I was truly scared to close my eyes fearing that I would be trapped again and never open my eyes this time. I'd pretend to sleep until Theo's breathing evened out and just lie awake in bed. One day while listening to his light snores and feeling the warmth he gave of to me, I fell into the most peaceful sleep, since the nightmares started.

That night, I dreamt of Theo letting me ride him, while he ran us through the trees, out of the darkness and into the light. And as cringey as that sounds, I never had a nightmare again.

....
......
....

It's approaching a nearly a year now.
A year of what you ask? Well that would be our anniversary obviously.

Theo and I choose to celebrate the day together with our birthday. Of course we'd like to celebrate more, but we also have duties and obligations. Ahhh!! Being a leader is tough sometimes, but I enjoy every bit with Theo by side, even though we bicker a lot. But to tell a secret I sometimes start random fights so at the end of the day we can have hot make-up sex, making Theo go all Alpha on me. Don't tell him that though. He would turn red.

Back to our 'birthversary'. As it is the first year without uncle Remus, we decided to just have a small together with everyone at the lake house, that's by the river and not an actual lake. Odd.

Aunt Mishika, the twins, my parents, especially dad and Theo are now doing much better, after having to come with the terms of uncle Remus' death. I dealt with pain, together with Theo. His being greater and I hadn't realized how much he had held within himself, while I was in a coma. And when I found out that I experienced some weird coma wake, and completely forgotten Theo, and would have potentially lost all my memories, I was devastated. Not for me, but for Theo, who was so strong to take of everything and everyone and keep his composure.

My wolfie is obviously very brave. I would have shut everyone out honestly. We both was emotional then, but we walked hand-in-hand, together out of that situation, coming out stronger.

Currently I'm planning everything. Alone might I add, since my lovely mate had to attend a meeting with the new shifter clan that moved a few miles away from us. They would be our new neighbors. They are a kind bunch of shifters and more on the non-social side. So I'm sure we wouldn't have trouble, but my territorial Alpha mate still needs reassurance that no one is going to step onto his land without permission.

Wolves, I tell. Savage territorial beasts. Just how I like 'em. Nevertheles, I used this opportunity to pretend to be angry with him, so later would be hot and wild, because I'm desperately hungry for my mate. Its been weeks since we tumbled in the sheets no lie, and I'm beginning to become a bit impatient here.

Our office door clicks open and I compose myself and put on an angry, getting ready for Theo to enter, only for it to be Vincent.

Vincent looks at my face and smirks knowingly. "Seriously, why so angry again?" He drawls, suggesting he certainly knows why, causing me to reddened instantly. This ignites his laughter.

I huff, irritated, more at myself though. How desperate can I be. I just cover my face with my hands and bury them onto my desk.

He walks over, ruffling my hair, before placing the stack of files onto Theo's desk, with a content smile, causing my own laughter to erupt.