Chapter 33: Memories

Theo POV

For the third time this week I leave the hospital room I've been living in.

I get up from the couch I sleep in and walk over to the still beautiful person laying on the bed. I gently peck his forehead before squeezing my eyes shut, preventing tears from falling once again.

I quickly adjust the collars of my shirt, turn and head out to the hall, where we are holding the funerals of our fallen brothers and sisters. Luckily not many where killed, but the hurt still lingers.

As I walk down the path to the hall, memories cloud my thoughts. Of my childhood, that one time I was so pissed and decided to stay outside only for it rain and then swear my father off before cuddling into his loving hug and me just breaking down a waterfall. It was our little secret.

I enter the hall and the first thing I notice is my mother. Her broken sobs don't escape my ears and unwillingly tears of my own fill my eyes. I wipe them away and walk to my mother and twin siblings that are clung to her dress.

Their had so little of him and it just breaks my heart even more that they won't experience all of him and his love through the remaining of their childhood and adolescence.

When I reach them, Aunt Crystal looks up at me, her eyes shining in a overflowing pool of tears of her own. I shake my head and she closes her eyes in understanding before joining her husband whose standing by my father's coffin with blank eyes.

He feels guilty but I don't blame him at all.

I turn back to my mum and gently place my hand on her shoulder before walking in front of her. She slowly looks up to me and the look in her eyes shatters my heart even further than it already is.

Pure and utter heartbreak and sadness glows deep in her eyes.

She realizes it me and quickly latches onto me from her seat and breaks down into a pained and heart clenching cry. Kina and Kiba soon joins her and grab hold of my legs. I can't seem to hold my own tears back and bury my head into her hair as I join them and cry for the man who was my backbone, my person to turn too whenever I needed him, no questions asked and the man who broke so many promises three days ago when he closed his eyes for good.

When the priest walks in and nods at me with a look of sympathy I nod back and slowly pull away from my mother. I ruffle the twins hair before motioning them to sit on the long bench. I bend down on my knees and look up to my mother. I gently wipe away the tears running down her cheeks with the base of my thumbs.

"H-he wo-wouldn't want to see you like this. He hates seeing you crying" I stutter

"Ha-hated" she says making me realize my mistake and just nod at her sadly.

I sit at her side when the priest asks everyone to settle down. Uncle Victor and Aunt Crystal walk over and sit next to the twins.

I close my eyes as the priest starts talking. Memories of him crash into my mind. They slowly turn into memories of Kyran and a low whine escapes me.

I open my eyes when I feel a tug on my left hand. I look down and see Kiba looking at me. I gently wipe his tears and he climbs into my lap. He buries his in my shoulders and his body shakes hard. Kina soon joins and buries her body in my other shoulder.

I just hug them tightly trying to will their bodies to stop shaking. I don't know what to say to them to stop crying and it breaks me even  more.

The priest soon calls me to say some words and I try to pull the two clung to my shoulders away but their refuse, so I let them be and walk to where the priest is standing.