Chapter 31: Answer: Humming spirits voice

*Ediited*

Theo's POV

The stench of blood high in the air tickles my nose making me snort.

I look around and see more than three quarters of people that was originally present here at the unclaimed land near Bear claw peak lying dead and some in  pieces. Their blood dripping from the glass and soaking into the ground. My heart clenches when I spot some of warriors. They upper bodies separated from their lower half.

The dread rushing over me as I search around for the love of my life. Kyran.
My heart rate quickening as can't seem to find him amongst the living.

Worry. Sadness. Panic. Fear. Anger. All sort of emotions runs through my blood. Anxiety filling me as I still can't find him... then,

suddenly, the scent of powdered mint filling my nose and I immediately lock onto two brightly fierce purple hues.

Anger. Fear. Sadness. Is all I see in his eyes. They seem unfocused and for a second I don't think he had noticed me. And I am right, as he launches onto the person in front of him. Fists clenched and lightning sparks shooting out of them. Anger flashing in his eyes as his fists met with the person and in the next second the man he punched flies straight past me.

I quickly shift and run to calm him down. As much as I'm angry and I can also feel and understand his anger. I don't need him to be blinded by it. Especially now.

"Baby" I gently call him and as if something pieces together his unfocused eyes start brimming with tears and they quickly fall after he engulfs me in a tight hug, mumbling incoherently.

"I... I ... scent..... couldn't.... thought.... see... di-" he stopped suddenly and lifted his head looking hard into my eyes, his own still full with unfallen tears. My heart breaking to see him almost broken. My heart tightens at the thought and sight of my mate in this state.

"What happened baby?" I gently ask, rubbing soothing soft circles onto his back.

"I.. I.. I th- ...dead" he lowers his head onto my chest as his tears run down my naked chest.

// Alpha, something seems weird in the front line. It seems like people are losing part of their senses. It's effecting vampires even worse than werewolves and the werecats.//

Just as I was about to ask Kyran to breath and slowly speak to me, Hunter voice fills me.

Things click immediately and understand what happened to me earlier and why Kyran is so shaken. My hands tighten around him, reassuring him that I'm very much alive and well.

// what should we do Alpha? I can't even get ... get in touch with Kyran...//

Hunters voice ringed in my head again, the anxiousness filled in his voice.

// It's okay, his with me. How many vampires are in the front line.//

I quickly mind link him back. Just what in the hell is happening. Frustrated I run my one hand through my sweat filled hair.

Kyran's body twitches as if sensing my frustration. I quickly put my finger on my lips in signal to shush him as Hunter nudges my mind

//-pha Alpha. Oh thank god. There are about equal vampires to wolves.//

"Shit!" Another frustrated hand through my sweaty hair.

"What's wrong?" Kyran asks, his voice stable now, yet anxious as he stares into my eyes.

"Something is affecting all of us. Especially the vampire species." I say with a sigh before continuing "..and Hunter just informed that in the front line, there's half vampires to wolves.