Chapter 30: Bubbling Battle War

Around midnight, when the sky was most dark, Kyran woke up in shock, screaming as if he was being choked to his death. His breathing uneven, languid and deep, while sweat ran down his face soaking into Theo's tshirt he had on.

His startled shock, also woke Theo up from his deep sleep, who quickly went on alert mode. Sniffing around quickly in all directions he didn't notice anything out of the ordinary and turned to his mate in concern

"Baby boy are you okay?" Theo's deep voice called, and Kyran knew that he really scared his mate as Dakota took over.

"I'm fine now Dakota" he said using the back of his hand to wipe away some of the sweat on his forehead, but he wasn't convinced.

"Wait here" Dakota instructed as he rushed to the bathroom and quickly rushed out again, with a wet towel and a small bowl of water in his hands. He gently wiped away the sweat on Kyran. When he was done, Kyran's breathing finally evened out.

Dakota walked to their shared closet in their new home and took one of his tshirts, walking back to his mate that was deep in his own thoughts, a worried frown very evident on his face.

"Here lift your hands" Dakota said and Kyran complied, and quickly pulled over the soiled tshirt.

"Tell me what's on your mind, love" Dakota encouraged him, all while wetting the towel, squeezing it damp and wiping down Kyran's body.

"Hm.. I think.. I think...." Kyran paused not sure of how to phrase his words

"Go on baby boy, I'm here to listen. What do you think.." Dakota encouraged him again.

"I think she's coming here wolfie, we won't have to go find" Kyran nervous replied and instantly his fingers went into his mouth as he bit his nail in stress.

"Hey, hey. Stop that and look at me" Dakota held onto Kyran's face staring straight into his eyes.

"No matter how powerful she is, it's you and me against the world. And I will always protect you,.. no matter what. We will fight this battle and survive because I have my whole life to love all of your whole life" Dakota said and gently touched their foreheads together.

Kyran just nodded. "Lift your hands for me again baby boy" Dakota instructed and Kyran complied once again.

Once Kyran was all cleaned up, Dakota cleared out the wet towel and drained the water. He handed Kyran a glass of water which disappeared in one sip. Settled in bed again he pulled Kyran into his chest. "Did you have a vision?" He gently asked lighty rubbing his finger tips in up and down motions on Kyran's arms.

"Uhm" is all Kyran said

"Can you tell me what it was about" Dakota asked and Kyran visibly trembled in his embrace.

"There was... there was blood everywhere, screaming and crying from all directions." Kyran paused deep into his thoughts, but Dakota never said a word and only continued rubbing up and down Kyran's arms.

Kyran realized Dakota was being patient and silently encouraging him. He snuggled into Dakota's body and continued "Every where, around me, I could here her sinister laughing echo in my ears. Everyone I knew was lying dead in the grass, and you ...you ..." Kyran turned and hugged Dakota in his embrace tightly. Dakota hugged back

"I'm right here baby boy" he patted his back lightly and after a minute or so he lifted Kyran face out of his chest "no matter what vision you saw, I'm going to use every bone in my body to make the opposite happen. No way in hell is she going to hurt you and anyone we love." Dakota said the anger seeping out like a calm, gentle waterfall before a harsh storm.

"We have to prepare, she could be here any day now" Kyran rushed out.

"And we will." Dakota pushed Kyran onto his pillow "sleep until I wake you up. I'll be right here. Okay" he finished with a few gentle soft kisses. Kyran did as he was told, but tightly latched onto Theo's clothes.

Once Kyran's breathing evened out into a peaceful sleep Dakota gave back control to Theo, but not before telling his human self to quickly arrange the neccessary arrangements.

When Theo regained his consciousness, he awkwardly placed a kiss onto Kyran's forehead, as his movements were restricted.

He grabbed his phone from the bed side table and quickly dialed James. After a few rings, James' groggy voice sounded into the phone

"Is it time Theo?" He asked

"I think, Kyran had a vision. She may attack within the next week. Either bring all the elders, weak and children here or make sure you secure your pack properly and keep them safe. I don't want any innocent blood on my hands." Theo instructed him.

"Noted, we'll be there in the next day or two." James replied and and continued after a brief pause "How's Kyran doing?" He asked clearly concerned.

"A bit shaken up, but he'll be fine soon." Theo replied "hmm" was the response he got after a few seconds.

"Go sleep with him, I'll inform the others" James offered.

"Yeah. Thanks bro!" Theo said and the call ended. He looked at the time on his phone and it was only 2am in the morning.

He gently maneuvered his body flat onto the bed and pulled Kyran into his arms, taking in the scent of his mate, instantly falling asleep.

.
.
.

##Four days later##

After informing the clan that very morning four days ago, all the could do now is play the waiting game and double they training during the day and rest like dogs during night.

Daniel blamed himself the day he heard of the news, but that thought was quickly thrown out the window by the few people he knew and many other people he got know as Hunter's parents and Kyran's and Theo's big family.

Just when everyone thought day was not going to be the day, the ground shock and a few seconds later, the alarm sounded alerting everyone to either take cover or to meet in front of the pack house for a quick briefing before charging into battle.

The alarm sounded from the both north and south ends of the area. Quickly Kyran and Theo instructed their warriors and allied warriors into high spirits of winning and safely returning.

"We charge in and battle for the safety of our loved ones and for our future. No one is going to stop us from being free to live a life with other species. Not now, not tomorrow and not never." Theo's voiced echoed into everyone's minds and he received an even loud cheer of voices willing to fight for love, freedom and cross mating.

And just like that everyone was instructed to different posts around the area, as a battle shook the grounds

.
.
.
.
__________________________________

AUTHOR'S CORNER!

Why does it sound like we reaching close to the end of the book😵😦😭

We hit the chapter 30 mark

Hope you enjoy my birthday special update

Enjoy your week