Chapter 34: Caged

A/N: All medical knowledge is a figment of my imagination

Kyran's POV

Ever been in a coma before. Yeah you probably haven't. Well, don't try getting into one either.

It's like you are in a constant drowning state, unable to breathe and relax, yet still be barely alive and breathing.

If I could physically release the tension in body right now, I'd do so by deeply exhaling before taking a nice relaxing breath of air and slumping my shoulders comfortably.

But I can't.

I can't move, I feel restrained and mostly I feel so very light, yet heavy at the same time. My body aches all over, especially my head. The underlying cause right there, situated in my brain, preventing me from awakening and smothering my loved ones. Especially my mate, my love, whom I know needs me more than anything now.

From what I heard uncle Remus, pushed my father out of harm's way, only to be severely injured, losing his life and leaving behind too many that needed him.

If I could cry, I would be shedding a waterfall right now. And that is no exaggeration. The previous Alpha has always been more that just my Alpha. His is my Uncle, second father, a friend, just the person I would go to whenever I felt my parents wouldn't understand me. He'd give me the best advice and fill me up with confidence, before smacking me up the head and telling me to go confront my parents. As a younger boy, I always felt my parents never understood me, but he'd make me see their point. I love him just as much as I do my own father. I can't begin to deter what Theo, the twins and everyone else is going through, especially aunt Mishika.

And yes I babbled a little and may have used present tense where it shouldn't be used. However, the passing of uncle Remus has still not sunken into my comatose memory.

I feel a painful throb above the area where my eyes lay, as I attempted to reach the surface of my mind to break away from my sleep.

The pain only worsens and I hear the worry filled yells of my mate yet again.

In seconds I hear the click of a door and rushed walking.

"What's happening to him?" Theo asks, his voice sounding lost and on the verge of breaking. Not really his voice per se, but rather the feeling I get from his tone.

It's the first time I'm able to hear the conversation around so clearly and I can't help but wonder if I'll finally be able to break free from it's clutches.

I try to concentrate and tune in on the conversation as I hear the person who entered, walk to my left, I think. Before scratching something down onto paper, I think as well. I soon feel him close to me and then the pain throbs a painful flash into my eyes. Please someone massage that area. I just can't handle this hammering and drilling pain. I wish to cry to maybe somehow release some pain, but I just  can't seem to do so.

Just as I feel myself reeling into the pain, a person speaks. His voice tired as he say, "I really can't tell you what's happening Alpha. I wish I knew." He let's a frustrated whine slip pass him and I recognize him as the newly Doctor Dean Michael, his age greater than me.

"I ran every test after that day Alpha. His brain waves seem normal yet abnormal at certain times and there is no explanation to why that is happening." He say frustrated.

And I guess they are talking about me right now!

I would have thought Theo would demand the doctor to run more tests and help bring me out from this state, but the response I expected never came and a totally unexpected was whispered lifelessly.