Chapter 29: Daniel

"Uhm I'll start now." Whitney, the shy witch said. "Stay still and relaxed as much as possible" she continued while looking at the floor. Kyran placed his hand on her shoulder as if encouraging her. "I'll provide you with the energy required. Okay!" He said and the girl nodded and used her witch powers to light the circle on blue flames.

A chant started at a mellowed tone, then gradually increased in volume. When the volume of the chant reached its maximum and the chant spoken was as fast as a racing car, a echo filled pain shot into the sky, filling the room with noise. Kyran for a split second lost concentration because of the pain-filled scream. The chant spoken increased in speed, as if telling Kyran that he needed to bare a little longer and telling the boy to endure the pain until the end.

After a whole minute, Whitney ended the spell breaking bind chant and her body wobbled to the ground, the boy in room also stumbled foward towards the ground. Kyran still with enough energy in him, quickly held Whitney and settled her down and pulled Daniel out of the dying blue flame circle and checked his pulse rate, to ensure the boy was still alive, as he looked deathly pale, not yet realizing that the boy was a vampire, nevertheless the boy fainted, and Kyran gently slapped his face a few times until he saw the blue sphere hues open slowly. He walked to the bed and gently laid the boy down. "Just lay down for a few minutes to get your strength back" Kyran instructed and the disoriented Daniel just closed his eyes again taking a deep breath.

Once knowing the boy was okay, Kyran filled a cup with water from the jug on the bed side table and walked to Whitney now sitting on a chair in the room. "You did great. Here, have some water. I'll give you some power to stabilize your energy." Kyran said and placed his index and middle fingers on her forehead letting his energy pass through. A trick he gladly learnt from Soo Ho, that could help power people and lighty heal other beings.

When Whitney felt her energy almost replenished, she stopped Kyran from further giving her any more. "I'm okay now. I'll let my body stabilize normally otherwise I could just take too much from you. Thank you!" She finished and drank from the glass filled with water.

"Okay" Kyran said and patted the shy teenager on her head in acknowledgement.

Just then, the bed squeaked and Daniel shot forward as if her was drowning in water. Kyran quickly rushed to him and sat by his side on the bed.

"Do you remember anything from the past 24-hours?" Kyran asked in a soft voice, placing a gentle hand on his forehead then neck, checking his temperature and pulse.

Yep, as cold as a vampire can be, with the general low pulse. The boy seemed fine now. Kyran nodded his head to his own thoughts.

"I- I don't.... I'm sorry!" Daniel didn't know what to say but sorry and buried his face in his hands "I'm sorry I attacked your camp" he said more clearly his eyes gathering a slight layer of water, but they never fell.

"That's okay. None was killed." Kyran said, pulling the boy's face away from his hands. He smiled reassuring the young boy.

"Young boy, can you please tell me your?" He asked, causing the to stare at him with a twisted face.

"Despite my looks, I'm way older than you. I'm probably your great-great grandfather" Daniel joked with a smile and then quickly covered his mouth in shock of what he did. For some reason, he didn't feel caged and sad anymore, but rather oddly and generally happy.

Kyran and Whitney who rushed over after hearing that Daniel could possibly be a first generation vampire, both laughed at Daniel's joke. Daniel looked at the both in a state of stupor, they hearty laughter syncing into him, broke out into a laugh of his own, for the first time in probably over a 100 years.