Chapter 32: Moarte's Dance

Kyran's POV

We quickly divide into troops and move out to our assigned positions. Some go to the safe house, some to the borders and we go to the front line, where most of the action is.

I can't help but thank the moon goddess and mother Earth for thinking I deserved this god sent power.

I'm shit nervous because I'm still not 100% sure how to work these new found powers, even after Daniel explained what he can to me.

Daniel. An angel that didn't deserve anything he got. I'm doing this for him, my clan, my family and friends and especially the love of my life.

I look over at him and smile, reassuring both him and me, that everything will be just fine.

He gives me a bright loving smile in return, but I can still the force in it. I know this isn't what he wants me doing, but I rather be the person to does this, than see him hurting.

Foolish. I know. But I can't bare see him in any more pain.

And I definitely won't allow myself to die and let him experience death of a loved one again.

The fear and pressure of doing this slowly makes my heart pound even faster.
All in all, it sort of prepares me for whatever I'm about to face.

I take a deep breath, once we reach the front line.

"Yoh, you better have a plan to beat this bitchface Theo. I need to go home and get a good hard fuck." Alek says as if we all just at a dinner and dance.

I shake my head and slight laugh, letting myself be seen.

That definitely calmed me down, a lot too.

"Definitely have a plan." I say and harden my face to search out Devilin.

Sure enough I find her surrounded by people willing to blindly follow her every command. A scrawl plastered on her face, as if her plans are being ruined.

'I'm going to show you just how much we can ruin you plans' I think to myself.

Theo nods after explaining everything to Alek, and for the first time the guy actually looks ready to stop fighting and go home. And I totally understand.

I stay hidden in the foliage and watch as Daniel makes his appearance known. The scrowl on Devlin's face one of irritation. And I totally enjoy it.

He avoids her completely as if she's the carbon dioxide in the air and focuses his attention on the female witch beside her.

Just as Daniel charges at the witch, Theo surprise attacks Devlin. She's forced back by his wind powers and gets ready to attack after staring harshly at Theo.

I turn and focus on channelling the energy from the earth together with the energy running through my veins.

I get it on the first try and send a mental thanks to the gods. Trying to contain this energy though, is a bit harder. I take a deep calm breath and clear my mind from what's happening around me, as much as possible and try containing the combined energy at the center of my core again.

I'm pretty sure it takes me over 10 minutes and send another mental thanks to which ever gods are watching me. They must seriously want me to rid the pest of the planet.

Just as I come out from my sub conscious state, the noise of my warriors shouts startle me, as their shout for their Alpha. All of a sudden I'm out of my coverage and racing towards where I see Theo getting pushed to his knees by an invisible force. Devilin staring into his eyes. Her appearance is just how I imagined. Ragged, bruised and badly injured. And then it clicks to me, as I continue to speed to them, she's using Moarte's Dance on Theo and his probably way past it's comfort zone.