no more kisses, ok?

C H A P T E R  F I F T E E N

She had run away blushing, leaving Miles smiling to himself like lovesick fool. They hadn't kissed again since then and Carter hadn't said a word to him for a whole week. Avoiding him as best as she could but Miles knew she couldn't hide from him forever, especially since today was Saturday. Every second weekend, him and Carter would go to mall and spend the day together. Messing around in the arcade game store, getting ice cream and chilling in the food court as they watched the football that was on the huge screen in front of the food court and trying on different clothes in each store until the people who worked there chased them out.

Miles knew Carter wouldn't cancel today. She adored this days to much and she'd show up, even if things were awkward between them.

Turning to Maggie, his mother who was singing along to one of a One Direction song that she loved so much. Maggie was on her way to drop Miles at the mall and get a few shopping done since Payton was starting school once the summer break was done.

He smiled, "Mommy, when did you get your first kiss?"

The car jerked slightly as Maggie turned to her son in shock before she chuckled, shaking her head as she reached forward to turn down the volume of the radio, "Why? Because I don't care how old I was, you're to young to be kissing girls."

Miles sighed, burying his face in his hands in embarrassment, "I don't want to kiss girls."

Maggie smirked, "Oh, you want to kiss a specific girl?"

Miles blushed, "You didn't answer the question."

"I was thirteen, kissed one of your uncle's friends. Just because you're the same age as me, doesn't mean you should kiss Carter."

Miles blush darkened and Maggie gasped softly, stopping in front of the mall and pulling into a parking spot before turning to him, "You kissed her already, you dirty boy."

Miles rose a hand to scratch at his neck nervously before turning towards his mother who was shaking her head, "What did Carter do?"

"Run away." Miles mumbled, watching as Maggie chuckled, shaking her head. She reached out, running a hand through Miles hair and sighed. She needed to take him to get his hair cut, his hair was getting a little long.

"Don't worry about it too much, ok, baby?"

Miles nodded, "Thanks mom, love you." Leaning up, Miles kissed his mother's cheek before looking towards his baby sister, Payton only to find her passed out in her car seat.

Jumping out of the car, Miles waited for his mother to get out as well. His foot tapping the floor impatiently as Maggie pulled Payton from the car seat and placed the sleeping four-year-old onto her hip. "You can stop staring so hard at me, Miles. I'm coming."

Miles smiled sheepishly, walking ahead of his mother, who was busy placing a pair of sunglasses over her eyes. The mall was empty today and she hoped she wouldn't be recognized while she was doing last minute shopping.

"Nolan said Carter's at the food court, she was hungry when he dropped her off."

Miles nodded, hurrying up his step towards the food court. He couldn't wait to see her. He hoped things weren't awkward between them because he'd kissed her.

Maggie shook her head with a smile, trying to fasten her steps to keep up with her eager son. Once they reached the food court, Miles turned towards his mother and stopped her. "I'll see mom later, ok? Love you, bye."

"Miles—" Maggie didn't get to finish her sentence as Miles had already raced towards Carter's favorite food place. McDonalds.

Sighing, Maggie waved towards Paul and Matt who were standing near Carter before turning away and rubbing softly at Payton's back when she started to wake up, "What am I going to do with that love sick, boy? Huh, babygirl?"