you have my blessing, you little fucker

C H A P T E R F O U R T Y - F O U R

"Wow, I don't remember London being this beautiful." Carter muttered, staring outside at her window as they passed pedestrians on the street. It had been snowing when they first landed and London was brightly lit due to the white snow. Carter couldn't keep her eyes off the scene.

After they'd landed, Nolan had been waiting at the airport to escort them to the hotel her father and Lexi were staying in. Nolan smiled, looking over at his daughter in rear view mirror as he drove the car through the streets of the city, "You haven't been here in a while, right, princess?"

Carter nodded, smiling as she saw a couple looking up at the snow standing at the side of the street, "I last came here with Daddy when I was sixteen. I had a photo shoot with you, remember?"

Nolan nodded, looking over at Miles who had been previously trying to doze off in the passenger seat but was now staring at the scene outside in awe like his girlfriend.

"Yep, I remember. You really liked it here. I'll ask Lexi to take you both on a tour tomorrow after you've both settled."

Carter nodded, she couldn't wait to get to her bed in the hotel. She hadn't slept a wink the night before. She was to excited to go to London. She'd been packing the whole night, which consisted of her packing her suit case, getting into bed for five minutes before getting out of bed to pack in something she forgot or pack out something she didn't think she needed.

Miles had been in their bed, softly sleeping but he could hear Carter moving around their bedroom. He'd tried to convince her to go sleep but whenever she got into bed, she'd just stare at the ceiling with a smile on her face before jumping out of bed.

He'd finally dozed off an hour before sunrise and when he woke up, Carter was passed out on the floor, her head rested inside her suitcase. She'd slept until six when he woke her up to tell her their flight was in two hours.

Though she'd had a long nap before her flight, she was extremely tired from it and couldn't wait to get to bed. Especially since she knew she was to go dress shopping with Lexi later on like she'd promised her father's girlfriend on the phone.

When they pulled up to the hotel and Nolan parked the car, Miles turned to Nolan, a anxious look across his face as he nervously tugged at his bottom lip , "Hey, is it cool if we go for a drive to get something to eat?"

Nolan frowned, eyeing the boy suspiciously as he trembled in his seat. He wouldn't what had Miles so nervous, "Kid, we have room service."

When Carter wasn't looking, Miles sent his girlfriend's father an alarmed look, raising his eyebrow as if that would tell Nolan something. The older man eyed the younger man oddly before slowing nodding, "Sure, they had a good Chinese food restaurant around the corner."

It seemed Miles wanted to talk.

Hearing them, Carter turned to look over towards them with frowns, "What's going on?"

Miles turned to look over at his girlfriend with a small smile, "Baby, Nolan and I are going to get some Chinese food. I know you're tired, why don't you go up to the hotel room and take a small nap while we're gone?"

Carter rose an eyebrow suspiciously before nodding and quickly leaned forward to peck Miles's lips when Nolan had turned to gaze out of his window when another car passed them. Miles said he'd take the luggage out later and watched as Carter hoped out of the car and rushed inside to the hotel as the snow came down on her.