you're growing way to fast, princess.

C H A P T E R  O N E

"He so funny! You know, Daddy, he say this funny joke about bunnies and I could not stop laughing. I think he can be a com—"

Nolan rose an eyebrow towards his daughter, rubbing tiredly at his eyes, "A comedian?"

Carter's smile widened and she nodded rapidly, "Yes! He very very very very funny." Carter was breathless by the time she was done with her sentence but she didn't stop talking about her best friend. Her hands moving widely in front of her as she explained to her father how Miles had made her laugh so hard her stomach hurt and he groaned.

It was almost midnight, past Carter's best time and she had promised four hours ago to sleep after she told Nolan a story about Miles which carried on and on. Nolan turned towards his daughter, not wanting to ask her to go sleep because she was so happy. Chattering about Miles with a breathless voice.

"He not really good at making jokes about cats but I think they real funny." Carter mumbled sadly, as if it upset her that Miles wasn't good at something and Nolan resisted the urge to knock his head against the wall. Miles and Carter revolved around each other and Nolan was concerned.

If Carter was hurt that Miles wasn't good at something, he couldn't imagine how hurt she would be if Miles failed a grade or even worse, hurt himself.

"Baby, how long is this story going to last?"

Carter turned towards her father, frowning as if she didn't like his question and Nolan sighed. "I'm sorry for interrupting."

Carter grinned, mumbling that she forgave him before she moved closer towards Nolan who smiled softly. His arm coming to curl around Carter's waist and pulled her towards him so that she was curled into his chest and Nolan sighed, running a hand over Carter's head.

"How about we talking about someone whose turning six? Huh?"

Carter giggled, sitting up excitedly, "That's me! That's me!"

Nolan chuckled, wrapping a hand around Carter's arm and tugged her down, tickling her into his side to tickle her. She screamed in laughter, slapping his arms before rolling away from his arm. "You're a big girl now, huh? You're growing way to fast, Princess. I'm sad."

Carter rolled her eyes, taking ahold of both Nolan's hands so he wouldn't tickle her again, "Don't be sad, at least I'm not old."

Nolan snorted, "You're getting so tall too, I won't be able to pick you up."

Carter's eyes widened, "I'm not that big!"

Nolan chuckled, "Don't worry, princess. I'll still carry you even when you're big."

Carter giggled, nodding her head happily at the idea. Nolan smiled, "So, big girl. What would you like to do for your birthday?"

Carter lit up, almost squealing as she spoke, "Play date with Miles!"

Nolan groaned, a whining sound leaving him slightly before looking up at his daughter who beamed down at with a wide smile, "Really? Miles? He's so boring ."

Carter gasped, offended and smacked the top of Nolan's chest, "He's not boring!"

Nolan chuckled, pushing Carter into her back and mumbled that she needed to go to sleep.

< < o >>

Miles couldn't stop screaming his mother and father's ear off as he ran around a toy store. There were so many possible gifts for Carter that he didn't know which one to get. He could get all of them if he's parents allowed him too but Miles knew that wasn't going to happen.

Stopping in a aisle that was filled with Barbie dolls, Miles scanned them before shaking his head. Carter would probably get a Barbie doll set from her grandpa since that was all he ever got her. Miles ran past the princess dolls, knowing Carter had all of them already and walked into the aisle with make up.

Carter loved make up, especially when Miles was her model. She'd sit for hours painting his lips different colours and his eyes lids different shades.

Miles hated make up but he put up with it to please Carter.

Miles glanced quickly away from the items, knowing Carter probably had them already before huffing when he couldn't find anything. Carter wasn't a picky person to buy a gift for, she loved anything but she had almost everything in the world due to Nolan's spoiling.

Sighing, Miles ran back over to his parents who had laid down onto a huge teddy bear, giggling towards each other. Miles huffed, "Mommy! I can't find anything!"

Maggie jumped up from the bear, apologizing to her husband when she felt her self tramp on him by accident. Walking over to her son, Maggie ran a hand through his messy dark hair before scanning the toy store.

"How about we get her a real eyeshadow palette from Morphe? She always gets upset with this baby stuff because it's not pigmented enough."

Miles didn't understand what 'pigment' meant but didn't complain about his mother choice in gift and turned to Landon who picked him up and placed the boy on his hip.

Miles grumbled, "I'm too big to be held!" Miles started to wiggle in his father's hold but Landon chuckled, tightening his hold on his son. "No! You're my baby."

Miles cringed, giggling slightly when Maggie started to tickle him while Landon buried his face into Miles neck and started to blow raspberries against his skin.

"The makeup!" Miles screamed, chuckling when his parents jumped away. Smiling, Landon placed Miles onto the floor and followed close behind as the boy wondered off running in hopes of finding the Morphe store his mother was talking about.

<< o >>

"What colours do you think she'll like?" Miles watched confused as the assistant who'd offered to help them, lead them towards a row of palettes. Miles eyes widened, eyes scanning over all the different colours before his eyes landed on a palette that had every colour he could think of.

Ignoring the woman who was talking about the different styles of eyeshadow, Miles arm shut out and pointed towards the colours palette, "That one! I want that one."

The worker's eyes widened, turning to stare at the parents. Landon shrugged, "It's for Carter."

The worker nodded, knowing who Carter was since she had been on every magazine cover since she was four. "Oh...it's her birthday soon."

Landon modded, watching as Miles was handed the palette before he eagerly ran towards checkout.

He couldn't wait to give Carter's his gift.

<< o >>

I know, small chapter and there was no Miles and Carter together :(

But I'll be posting another update later today...

Enjoy 💛