don't cockblock me

C H A P T E R  F O R T Y

Carter couldn't hold the excited squeal that escaped her mouth as she rushed into hers and Miles's bedroom and jumped onto her sleeping boyfriend. Miles groaned, shooting up to wrap his arms around Carter's frame, "Baby, why are you jumping on me?"

She giggled, wrapped her arms around Miles's neck and straddled his waist, "My baby is graduating today!"

Miles looked up at her confused before a smile broke out onto his face when he realized that his two-year course in mechanics had come to an end and he was graduating today. Carter giggled at the awestruck expression across his face and slowly leaned up to cup his cheeks before leaning down to kiss his lips. Miles quickly returned her kiss before taking a hold of Carter's thighs and pushing her off of him.

"Baby, I love the attention but I need to get done. I have to shower, and press my shirt—"

Carter stood up from the bed, looking up at Miles who had already crawled out from the covers. "All you have to do is take a shower. I pressed your shirt and your pants. I even polished your shoes. I set it out in the living room."

Her boyfriend's eyes lit up and he couldn't help but pull her into his arms and kiss her again, "Thank you so much, baby. You're amazing."

Carter beamed at the compliment before she eagerly pushed her boyfriend towards their bathroom so he could freshen up. Once the door was closed behind him, Carter hurried to make up their bed before rushing out of the bedroom and towards all the guests that were gathered in the living room trying to be extra quiet. Abbie had luckily gotten her daughter, Ava to go to sleep since the almost-two-year-old had woken up cranky.

Nolan and Porter were occupied in the kitchen, trying to find something to eat while Landon tried to keep them quiet. Abbie was gushing over Lucas Jr.'s little dress shirt and pants while Maggie was trying to fix her make up that had smudged during her crying section when she'd first come to her son's apartment. James was soaking up the attention Abbie was giving his son while Noah was rocking a sleeping Ava.

Carter smiled at everyone, "He just woke up and he's in the shower." She reached for his pressed clothes that were hung over the sofa and also picked up her dress. "Once he's all dolled up, we'll surprise him."

Carter bit her lip excitedly to hold in a squeal before she was rushing down the hallway to place Miles's clothing over the bed before shutting the door behind her and moving over to the guest bedroom where she was going to change into a dress to wear to Miles graduation. When she had on the dress, she shook out her hair that she'd washed this morning and it had air dried to soft waves. She then applied on light makeup, a little blush, mascara, and lip gloss before she left the guest bedroom. Luckily, their bedroom door was still closed but the shower was off which meant Miles was busy getting ready.

She walked over the living room where everyone had settled and were ready to surprise Miles. Carter moved over to sit next to her father who smiled, leaning down to kiss her temple before turning back to the hallway to catch the graduating boy's arrival.

Finally, after five minutes, Miles came stumbling out of the bedroom. Whining about needing Carter's help to choose a tie only to jump back in shook when everyone stood and shouted out a loud congratulations before the boy was surrounded by his family. Maggie was the first to get a hold of him, her hands cupping his face and pulling him down for kisses. Miles's eyes lit up at the sight of everyone and didn't hesitate to pull everyone in for hugs.

When he was done greeting everybody, he turned to Carter who gave him a shy smile before she slowly opened her arms and pulled Miles into her arms, "You happy?"