marry me

C H A P T E R F O U R T Y - F I V E

Miles had it all mapped out how he was going to propose when he'd come to the decision to ask Carter's hand in marriage. But now that they were in London, Miles had to rethink he's entire plan because how could he not ask Carter in this beautiful place.

It had been a few days since he had asked for Nolan's blessing and they had already celebrated Lexi's grandmothers birthday. Now, all that mattered was asking Carter to be his wife while they were still in London. He knew Carter loved grand gestures but he had wanted this to be something sweet with just the two of them.

London was cold and flooded with snow so Miles had to be careful with how he chose his setting.

"You got it figured out yet?" Nolan asked as he looked up at the huge screen in the airport, trying to find out when the flight was supposed to land.

Miles shook his head with a sigh, "I hadn't really planned to do it in London when I got the ring but I can't wait to do it. And I'm pretty sure proposing London is the last thing she expects."

Nolan hummed, his eyes finally locking on the time, "They landed already. They're probably waiting for us to get them."

The younger man nodded, starting to walk over to the section where arrivals usually came through, "I want it to be special, you know?"

Nolan snorted, following after him, "Of course you want it to be special, dipshit. You're proposing."

Miles didn't get to reply before he was pulled into a tight hug. He chocked, almost jumping out of his skin at the surprise attack before looking down at his mother who had a tight grip on him and didn't seem like letting go any time soon. Landon chuckled, pulling his emotional wife off of their son before pulling Miles into his arms as well, "Marriage, huh? You ready?"

Miles nodded confidently, "Since the minute I laid eyes on her."

Maggie gasped loudly, finding the cheesy line cute and threw her into another fit of wanting hugs, "I can't believe you're going to propose. I knew but now that everyone knows, it's so much more real."

"My little niece is getting married!" Miles flinched at the harsh shout from a head of them before looking over at Abbie as she rushed over to them. A wide smile across her face as she reached him, "I've been waiting for this day since Maggie announced you're both going to have a Phoebe Buffay wedding."

Miles smirked, "Let me guess, you've designed her a wedding dress already?"

"Obviously!" Abbie giggled, jumping up and down on the balls of her feet excitedly, "I can't wait until you propose! Do you have it planned out already?"

Everyone eyed turned to him and Miles flushed before slowly shaking his head, "No, I don't..." Abbie and Maggie's eyes widened and their mouths even wider but Miles cut them off, "I'm going to figure it out by myself, ok? You guys can plan the wedding but not the proposal."

Both older women pouted before Nolan smiled down at his sister, "Where's Porter and the kids?"

Abbie frowned, "Porter's getting them candy even after I said no!" Her frown turned into a scowl.

"We're in London, sis, relax. Let him spoil the children."

Abbie scowl deepened as she followed the voice of her twin brother. Noah stood behind them with a smirk, the new addition to the family strapped to his chest in a baby holder. She was dozing off against him and his husband, James cooed at the sight while his heavy six year old son was on his back.