why couldn't you keep in the diarrhea until we were at home?

C H A P T E R  F I F T Y - T H R E E

"Ok, carefully." Mikes stressed, breathing down his father's back as Landon carefully placed their new born daughter into a car seat. Carter, who was sitting in the passenger seat, looked over her shoulder at her stressed husband and giggled, "Miles, Landon knows what he's doing."

Miles sighed, "I know but she's so fragile—" Elliot whined, a cry breaking from her mouth as she shifted uncomfortably in her grandfather's hold, "Dad!" Mikes growled, his fist clenching at his sides.

Landon rolled his eyes and looked over at his son, "Get your ass in the car before I punch you in the throat. Elliot's fine, ok? She'll fall back to sleep once the car starts."

Miles gave his daughter and father a worried glance before grunting and walking to the driver's side of the car and getting in. It was to cramped at the back for Carter to sit between the two car seats and though she could barely feel any pain due to her pain medication, Miles didn't want her shifting uncomfortably between the seats.

Payton, who was the smallest out of everyone was squeezed between the two car seats and was trying to shush Elliot back to sleep. Hayden had made no fuss about his car seat and had snuggled into the car seat and sucked peacefully on his pacifier.

Carter guessed Elliot would be the cry baby while Hayden would be the one that just stared at her.

Miles sent the two worried looks before starting the car and saying he'd met his parents at the house. Their babies were going home for the first time.

Carter sent her husband an exhausted smile and tapped his arm to say everything was fine as he slowly pulled out of the parking lot of the hospital.

"We should have asked someone to bring the bigger car to take the twins home. Once we're home, I'll put the car seats in that car. Shit, I forgot to put the heater on in the house. I don't want them getting cold."

Miles looked over towards Carter to see if she was listening only to sigh when he saw she was passed out. He chuckled, turning his eyes back to the road. She needed the sleep, they wouldn't be getting any for the next few years.

<< o >>

"It's your turn." Carter grunted in her sleep, raising a hand to smack against her husband's face as she heard the loud wail of their son. Miles groaned, "I went last time."

"I had to push both of them out of my vagina. It's your turn."

Miles slowly prayed his eyes open and sent his wife a glare when she sent him a small smirk before he pulled himself from his bed and walked across the hall of his bedroom until he reached the open door of the nursery. It had been a few weeks since the twins had been born and they'd settled into a routine.

Most nights the twins slept with Carter and Miles if they were fussy and couldn't fall asleep. But tonight, after a bath, they were both tuckered and fell asleep straight after being feed. Carter had settled them in their cribs since it would be a while before they went to bed.

Miles put on the light to the bedroom which had a tuner, to adjust the brightness of the light. The room was light enough for Miles to see where his children were but not bright enough to startle Elliot awake. Miles walked over to his son's crib and softly shushed him as he reached down to pull the wailing baby from the crib and laid him against his chest before leaving the room so his crying wouldn't disturb his peaceful twin.

"What's up, bud? Did you have a nightmare?" Miles asked as he slowly rocked his son while making his way towards the kitchen. Pulling open the fridge, he found a bottle of breast milk Carter had probably pumped earlier. The woman was pumping 24/7. She had found this mother on tik tok that made all these remedies like lotions that contained breast milk and were good for babies and was always in the kitchen pumping while making all these concoctions.