worried about me, old man?

C H A P T E R N I N E

[this chapter might offend a few people, maybe not but just wanted to let you know that I do not find people with dyslexia stupid. a close friend of mine has the learning disorder and I based Miles thoughts off of my friend's so it would be more realistic]

"So where is the idiot today?"

Carter huffed, sending Alex a glare, "He's not an idiot, Alex and don't call him that. He went to get a few tests done."

Alex eyes widened, "Tests? Do we all have to do those tests because I'm not prepa—"

"This is why you're the idiot and not Miles." Carter smiled, rolling her eyes, before reaching out to push Alex's hair out of his face. A small sign of affection to show that she was just joking.

"He went for test to see if he was dyslexic." She explained after.

Alex tilted his head, confused, "Dyslexic? What the hell is that? Some kind of disease."

"No, it's a learning disorder. Daddy told me all about it on the way to school. Miles struggles to read and spell, says the words jump around on the page and Maggie just thought it would be a good idea to do tests."

Alex nodded, "Oh."

"Is he going to go to a special needs school?" Alex asked, frowning at the idea of Miles leaving school.

Carter shook her head, "No. Maggie is going to get him extra tutoring classes to help him. Miles isn't going anywhere."

Carter seemed to be reassuring herself as well as Alex. Alex chuckled, throwing an around Carter's small shoulders as he lead her towards the playground during their lunch break. Carter glanced up at Alex, her bright blue eyes staring holes into his brown ones and he smiled. A small smirk coming to his lips when Carter rolled her eyes and turned away from him.

He was kinda glad that Miles was off somewhere taking tests. This was the first time he'd actually had Carter this close to him. Miles always made sure she kept her distance from other boys. Miles thought of others as rivals, which confused Alex, Carter only ever had eyes for him.

And Alex slightly hoped for him as well. He was the only other boy in Carter's life that she let close.

Leading her over towards the swings, Alex helped her into one and got behind her and started to slowly push her. She sometimes got sick when he went to wild so he made sure to ease her into it and it wasn't long before she was giggling, her legs kicking out as she shouted for him to push her higher.

Alex grinned, putting more effort into pushing the pretty girl higher. "Hold on tight, princess. You might just fly away."

Carter giggled, shaking her head and looking over her shoulder towards Alex, "I'm holding on really tight! Push!"

Alex nodded, starting to dig his feet into the ground as he put all his weight into his next push. One that sent Carter flying forward and she gasped, tightening her fists around the chains of the swing and hooking her feet under the swing as she was thrusted forward.

Alex's eyes widened, a wide smile on his face as Carter flew forward. He was almost sure she touched the sky.

When Carter came tumbling down, Alex made sure to keep his body stiff so that when Carter came crashing into him, they both wouldn't tumble to the ground. Alex's arms came around her and the swing, holding her tightly against his body to stop the swing and looked up at Carter. She was looking down him, eyes glowing before she giggling. Jumping out of the swing, "Let me push you! Let me push you!"