i don't need a step mom so don't go getting any ideas

C H A P T E R E I G H T E E N

Miles couldn't stop fidgeting, his hands  tugging at the rings around his fingers. He couldn't stop thinking about what Carter has said during gym. Meet her on the bleachers? What were they going to do on the bleachers?

Alex was behind him, talking to some girl who was trying to ignore him. Miles rolled his eyes, facing towards the classroom they were about to have their next class in. This class was the period before lunch and Miles was overthinking. He needed to know what was going to happen in lunch.

Carter was in front of the line to go into the classroom, talking to some girls who were gushing over her father. Carter was smiling awkwardly, trying not to cringe as each girl commented on how hot Nolan was. Miles pushed off of the wall, walking over to Carter.

The girls quietened down as he approached. Carter stared at the girls confused but before she could ask why they'd shut their mouths, Miles threw her arm over Carter's shoulder and dragged her into his chest. "Hey, Princess."

Carter smiled, turning towards Miles, "What's up with you?"

Miles shrugged, his fingers taking a hold of one of Carter's curls and twirling it around his finger. "I just missed you, I don't like that we don't share all the same periods."

Carter grinned, turning in Miles arms so that she faced him, "You're obsessed with me." She giggled, watching as Mikes narrowed his eyes at her. "But it's ok, cause I missed you too."

Miles smirked, "Because you missed me so much, why don't you tell me why you want to meet this boy by the bleachers?"

Carter smirked, "Wouldn't you want to know? I'm only speaking when I'm on that bleachers."

Miles groaned, "Come on, Carter. Please." Lowering his head and peering at Carter through his eyelashes and pouting his lips.

Carter scoffed, shaving her hand into Miles face, "That's not working on me, buddy."

Miles huffed, "Fine, fine. Be selfish."

Carter shook her head, a smile bitting at her lip. She glanced over his shoulder, her eyes widening before she snorted, a hand raising to over her mouth in laughter, "I think you should go talk to Alex."

Miles pulled away from Carter and made his way over to Alex who was holding his cheek which was starting to turn red, "What's up with you?"

"The girl didn't like my pick up line."

Miles smirked, "What you say?"

"I mean, her name's cherry so I thought a stripper pick up like would work—"

Miles groaned, "Oh my gosh, I don't even want to hear this pick up line."

"I'm never using that line again."

Miles chuckled, "Good, because I'm sure it sucks ass."

"I would have sucked her ass."

Miles gagged but couldn't help the smile that broke out onto his face when he was done. Alex smirked, turning to Miles, "So what's up with you? You've been fidgeting since gym."

Miles sighed, looking over his shoulder towards Carter who was talking to the girls from earlier. Looking back at Alex, Miles told him what had happened during gym after Miles had chased that senior away.

"Wait, she said that? To you?"

Miles nodded his head, rapidly to the point that his hair had fallen from the neat style he'd brushed it in and fell into his eyes, making him blink rapidly.