daddy's my castle

C H A P T E R  T H R E E

Miles stared up at Carter, grinning widely. She wore one of her princess costumes, her hair messy from just waking up and her eyelids painted neon pink from the palette he'd bought her.

Miles was dressed up in the knight costume Carter had gotten Nolan to buy. A plastic crown sat on his head, though it was quite close to slipping off. Miles huffed, pushing it straight before picking up the plastic sword Carter had handed him and pointed it towards her.

Laughing evilly, Miles dived for Carter, who squealed. Jumping way from her best friend and running, her head tilting back to see if he was chasing her. "You're supposed to save me! Not kill me!"

Miles let out a dark chuckle, shaking his head, "I want to be the princess!"

Carter giggled, rolling her eyes at her crazy friend as she pushed open the door of her bedroom and ran towards Nolan who was busy humming in the kitchen. As if sensing her, Nolan turned around and scooped Carter into his arms and grinned down at Miles who pouted as he stared up at the two.

"That's not fair." Miles whined out, stomping his foot.

"Daddy's my castle." Carter stated, crossing her arms over her chest and smirked towards Miles who rolled his eyes.

"I'll break your castle's leg." Nolan didn't even get time to react before Miles slammed his sword against Nolan's shin. Causing him to let out a loud hiss and hop up, trying to get way from Miles painful stabs.

"Give me the princess!" Miles screeched, letting go of the sword and wrapping himself around Nolan's leg. Miles huffed, shaking the leg wildly that Nolan rolled his eyes annoyed before kicking the boy off. Watching amused as Miles slid across the kitchen floor before he jumped up again. Shouting that he wasn't giving up.

Miles was too busy attacking Nolan's leg to notice that Carter sat a top the counter in the kitchen. Smiling down at Miles, her legs kicking back and forth. She would never not be amazed at how Miles played what ever game her heart desired.

If she wanted to be the knight, he'd be the princess and not once would he complain. Carter chuckled evilly, she took advantage of that and didn't feel guilty.

Well, she did sometimes when she saw Miles grow slightly bored with the game but she was always quickly to change it. To do something he loved because she hated seeing any sour expression on his face.

Noticing now that he was getting irritated with the game, Carter jumped down from the counter and tugged on Miles' arm. Watching as he spun around, shocked to see her on the floor and not on Nolan's shoulders.

"Want to watch fast and furious?"

Miles' immediately pulled the crown from his head and shoved it into Nolan's hands and tugged Carter towards the tv room. Carter giggled, following closely after him before settling down on the spot she always sat in. Miles following closely behind after he'd put on the film. He squeezed next to Carter and jumped happily as he watched the movie begin.

"What one did you choose?"

"The first one."

Carter grinned, "Yay! Paul is really really cute in that one."

Miles' face dropped, the excited jumping he'd been doing before stopping as he processed what Carter had said. He didn't want to watch the movie anymore, especially now that he knew who Carter would be ogling.

"Let's rather watch the eighth one." Miles smiled, knowing Paul Walker wouldn't be in that movie.

Carter pouted but nodded, "The baby is so cute in there! Let's watch it!"

Miles grinned, running over to the tv to change the movie just in time to see the tv rooms door open and Nolan to come in with popcorn. Miles smirked, jumping up and down for the popcorn as Nolan walked past him and settled the bowl in Carter's lap.

Kissing her forehead, Nolan smiled, "I have a quick meeting at the office ok, princess? Zack's in the kitchen pouring you guys juice."

Carter pouted slightly at the fact that her Daddy was leaving but leant up and kissed her daddy on the cheek and wished him luck. Miles quickly settled back next to Carter, hoping to cheer her up since Nolan had left.

"You know, Carter. We're not supposed to watch these movies but we're very mature for our age so we can."

Carter's eyes widened, "Really? I like being mature."

Miles nodded his head rapidly, "Me too, so let's watch the movie?"

Carter nodded, settling the popcorn between her and him before cuddling into his side. "Zack should bring us a blanket." Miles mumbled, wrapping his arms around Carter hoping she'd give him warmth.

Carter nodded before sitting up, ignoring Miles who pouted at the loss of her body heat. "Zack, can you bring me a blanket, pretty please!"

Settling back down in Miles side, Carter waited for Zack who quickly, walked into the tv room with one of Carter's favorite blankets. Folding it in half, Zack threw the blanket over the two before settling down on a sofa beside them to join in the movie.

Miles huffed.

Though he knew Carter liked him more then Zack, he still didn't get over the jealous feeling he got when Zack babied his Carter.

Miles smiled quickly after when a thought came to him. When they're older, he'd take care of her and she's take care of him.

<< o >>

Eid Mubarak to anyone celebrating today and tomorrow 💛