i thought you were going to kill my son

C H A P T E R  T W E N T Y - E I G H T

"I bet you can't wait to get back home."

Nolan smiled widely, just thinking about finally going home and seeing his daughter. He hoped she was ok, he hadn't heard from her most of the day but he assumed she was busy since it was already almost eight pm in Africa. She had told him the day before she was going out with Alex and Amber but she hadn't posted anything on Instagram so he couldn't really check up on her.

He'd left a message earlier during the day and she had replied, saying she was getting ready for her day out with her friends and he hadn't replied because he's been called onto set.

The producer of the commercial had actually been really easy to work with and the whole team was able to finish the commercial ahead of estimated time and now, Nolan could go home early or stay in Africa and explore.

He preferred to go home. He was sure Carter missed him terribly as he missed her.

Nolan looked up at the director of the commercial and sighed, before his eyes glanced down at the glass of wine in his hand. "I really can't, I haven't been away from Carter for this long."

The director laughed, shaking his head as he sat down next to his star, "Nolan, she's a big girl, I'm sure she's ok."

Nolan shrugged, "I don't care if she's big, I still see her as my small little girl. I really wished she didn't grow up."

The director sighed, nodding his head sadly, "My son's twenty-three and he's getting married in a month. How is he getting married already? I can't fucking believe it."

Nolan smiled softly, shaking his head, "I dread the day Carter gets married or moves out. I'm not ready for her to leave my house. I can't imagine not seeing her every day."

The director sighed, lifting an arm to pat Nolan gently on the arm, "But it happens and ain't nothing you do ganna stop it. Your girl's close with that Wade kid. They dating?"

Nolan's eyes widened and he immediately shook his head, "They're close, yes but I'm sure she'll tell me if they're dating. She tells me everything."

"Ooh, I just wondered. She's always with the kid. How old is she?"

Nolan rose an eyebrow, "Seventeen. Why?"

"My brother's into the modeling business and he really wants to do a shoot with Carter. He has a jewelry advertisement next week and if she's interested, you think she'll go for it?"

Nolan's smiled, nodding, "She'll love it. She's been wanting to get into modeling since she came the first time to one of my gigs when she was four. She loves the camera. When I get back, I'll be sure to talk to her about it. Just send me the details."

The director smiled, nodding his head excitedly, "Thanks, man. My brother definitely owes me now."

Nolan snorted, "Thanks for the drink, man but I'm gonna head back to pack. I wanna leave first thing tomorrow morning."

<< o >>

"Fucking finally," Nolan uttered, sighing loudly in relief once he zipped up his suitcase. He threw it onto the floor before collapsing onto his bed, he couldn't wait to get some sleep. He was so fucking tired of this day.

He rolled over in his bed to see if he'd gotten any texts from his daughter only to sit up when he saw a bunch of messages from his sister, brother, and Maggie. All asking him to call them immediately once he saw the message. Nolan scrolled past all the Instagram notifications and clicked on the missed call from Carter to call her back but his thumb missed and he clicked into an Instagram notification.