we're finally pregnant!

C H A P T E R F I F T Y

"Is this real? This isn't a dream?" Miles asked star struck as he looked down at a sobbing Carter. She nodded against his chest, clutching tightly onto the pregnancy test in her hand. She couldn't believe it, that after almost two years of trying, she was pregnant. She was finally pregnant.

A sob left her but she couldn't take the wide smile off her face. Miles was holding onto her still in shock before looking down at his wife and the pregnancy test and felt like a weight had been lifted off his shoulder.

And he brought Carter tighter into his embrace and couldn't hold in the tears that had been begging to escape his eyes the minute Carter told him she was pregnant. She buried his face into her neck and he cried happily because finally, his wife wouldn't feel like a failure and could finally smile knowing that she was pregnant.

"I'm so happy, baby. You've made me the happiest man on this planet." He muttered softly into her ear and pulled her higher up on his chest when she nodded, "I'm so happy God finally granted us this."

Miles chuckled sadly and pressed a hard kiss against his wife's head as he leads them out of the bathroom and into the bedroom to lay her down on the bed with his body still hovering over her.

"He sure made us wait a while but he or she is finally here."

Carter nodded, her tears finally stopping before she glanced back down at the pregnancy test and her face morphed back into that ugly happy crying face she had. Miles chuckled, leaning down to kiss softly at her stained cheeks until she stopped crying and was laughing happily.

"I can't wait to tell everyone," Miles mumbled as he pulled away and glanced down at Carter's flat stomach. That would soon be nice and round with their baby.

Carter nodded before looking down at her husband, "Let's keep it a secret until it's safe."

His eyes widened, "We're going to keep this a secret for three months? Three whole months? That's going to be a challenge."

Carter nodded, "I just want to be sure."

Miles sighed before nodding his head. The couple didn't dwell on the possibility of miscarriage as Miles had leaned his down and lifted the bottom of Carter's top until her bare stomach was shown. He smiled widely down at it before bending down to kiss softly at the flesh. Carter giggled, reaching down to entangle her fingers into his hair as his lips trailed across her skin, "Hi, baby. You might be just a clump of cells right now but I can't wait until you grow little legs and arms and start to move around in here."

Carter smiled fondly at the scene going on down below as she watched her husband talk to their child. As he softly whispered to her belly button, Carter leaned back and looked up at her ceiling before her eyes shut tightly and a wide smile broke out onto her face.

Finally.

She was pregnant.

<< o >>

Standing in front of the mirror, in only a bra and underwear, Carter modeled for herself. Her hands cupping her flat stomach, "When do you think I'll start showing?"

Miles, who had been staring at Carter, his eyes twitching as he watched her twirl and tease him innocently. When she turned around to face him, he quickly busied himself with making up their bed so she wouldn't see how turned on he was.