i love you

C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - O N E

[please note that a section of this chapter is from a bonus chapter in 'she's my princess']

Were they boyfriend and girlfriend now? Because he'd asked the question but she hasn't answered it

Were they boyfriend and girlfriend now? Because he'd asked the question but she hasn't answered it. Though it wasn't her fault, Matt had come downstairs to check on them after he'd asked and then they'd forgotten all about it. But now, a week later as they sat in her bedroom studying for a biology quiz that was tomorrow, Miles couldn't help but let his mind wonder.

They'd been acting like boyfriend and girlfriend since freshmen year. He loved her and she loved him. So was it even  necessary to ask the question. Miles sighed, it probably was. Consent and all  was needed.

Bored with studying, Miles turned to his best friend.

"Can we please stop studying?" Miles whined out, rolling over on Carter's bed to stare up at her. Smiling innocently when she glared down towards him, "A break?"

Unable to resist Miles pouting face, Carter shut her book and laid down next to Miles. Slightly blushing when she was pulled closer towards him and tucked into his side. "Happy?"

Miles smirked, causing Carter to send her best friend another hard glare as she point a stern finger towards him.

"Only a few minutes, ok? I still have to study the different type of phylum and I'm not failing because you got bored of studying."

Rolling his eyes, Miles turned towards Carter. Both of them laying on their sides as they stared at each other, "You don't even need to pass this paper. You're going to be a famous model, remember?"

Smiling, Carter lifted poked at Miles hard chest, "So? I want to study after school, get a degree because if modeling fails, at least I have something to fall back onto."

Snorting, Miles wrapped his hand around Carter's finger and rose it towards his lips, "Like Nolan would ever let you fail."

Carter giggled, tugging her finger out of Miles grip. "I'm sure I won't fail at being a model...but what happens when I'm old and wrinkly? I still want to work."

Miles smirked, "You're to pretty to be old and wrinkly. You'll still be perfect."

Carter blushed, slowly raising her eyes to gaze up at Miles who stared up at her with a serious expression. His eyes trailing along her perfect features before landing on her lips that had parted slightly at the words that left his mouth. Smiling, Miles rose a hand to cup Carter's cheek. His thumb softly stroking her soft skin.

"Carter." Her name left his lips in a soft sigh and he glanced up at her, her eyes locked on his lips as he spoke. Slowly, he leaned down. Scared if he moved to fast Carter would jump away. He could smell her apple flavored shower gel she used and the sweet vanilla smell of the perfume he'd bought her when she passed her chemistry exam.