Dream ° Jungri III

"Jungkook your mum called me and said-" Yerim pauses half way through her sentence as she notices her bestfriend on the edge of his bed with his head lowered.

"Jungkook? What's wrong?" Slowly approaching the quiet boy, Yerim kneels in front of him to get a closer view of his face. Noticing his tears, Yerim's concern for him grew more.

"Why are you crying? Who made you cry? Do you want me to jump them for you? I'll beat them, 1v1." Jungkook laughs at his bestfriends attempt at making him feel better.

Sliding off of his bed and onto the ground next to Yerim, he leans his head onto her shoulder and takes a deep breath.

"She cheated on me." Jungkook takes Yerim's quietness as a sign for him to carry on.

"Not with one guy, not with two, not even with three. She cheated on me with multiple guys. I asked her why and you know what she said?" Noticing the shakiness of his voice, Yerim moves his head onto her lap and Pat's him. Something that always calmed him down since they were in intermediate.

Once he was calm enough to speak, he carried on. "She said it was because 5 years with the same guy was getting too boring for her. She wanted something new."

Yerim is still quiet, she's shocked at all this new information. She really thought that they were gonna get married and have kids because of how in love they looked. It hurt her to see that everyday, to see him loving someone that wasn't her. She should be happy that he's single now, but she's not. His cause of happiness is gone now, and she would trade anything to make him happy again. Even if his happiness still isn't her.

Making him sit up, Yerim stands and grabs Jungkook's hand. "Come on. Let's go have ice cream."

"-I just can't believe that I wasted 5 years with her." Jungkook had been ranting to Yerim for the past hour,and she didn't mind. He's slowly getting better, although he is still a bit sad, he is at least talking with expression now.

"If I'm being honest, I really don't feel as sad as I should be. I'm actually a little bit happy." Looking up from her ice cream, Yerim looks at Jungkook shocked causing him to laugh.

"Don't get me wrong, I did feel betrayed, but after a few moments with you, I feel better and free. I feel happy." Yerim knows that he doesn't mean it in a 'you make me happy, be my girlfriend' way, heck, he just broke up with his cheating girlfriend not long ago. But just this once, just this once, will she look at it that way.

TIMESKIP: 1 year later

"Yerimieeeeeee"

"Looks like your boyfriend is here." She whines as she hits her friends shoulder playfully. "He's not my boyfriend"

Her friend laughs and skips away saying "chillax, I meant boy friend, with a space."

Rolling her eyes she turns back to see her 'boy friend' right behind her.

"Yerimie, let's go eat." Grabbing her hand, he drags her towards the door.

"Jungkook" The boy stops and looks at her and smiles. It's been a year since the breakup and he shows no signs of missing her. And yet Yerim feels like a rebound. He treats her with more love nowadays that it confuses her so much.

"I have to go somewhere right now, maybe tomorrow?" She notices his smile slowly fading away, before he shows a fake one.

"Okay, see you tomorrow!" She sighs as she knows he's gonna come looking for her sooner or later. One of the habits he's developed after the breakup is clinging onto her. He was never like this in intermediate, so she wasn't used to him following her around 24/7. Her parents even gave him a spare home key so that he won't have to knock all the time, that's how clingy he has gotten these last few months.

She grabs her bus card and makes her way to the bus stop. She honestly didn't have anywhere to go, and she couldn't go home right now otherwise a waiting Jungkook would find out she lied to him. So, to her special place it is.

She always liked watching the sea at night. It had a calming effect on her. Closing her eyes as she listens to the waves. As she slowly started to sleep, she is awoken by the sound of running footsteps behind her. Turning around she sees someone very familiar. To be honest, she's not surprised that he found her, but she is surprised that he ran for her.

"Jungkook? Why did you run here? You could've just called me. I would've stayed and waited for you." She notices that he's a bit too fast towards her.

"Why are you walking so fast? It's not like I'm gonna disappear."

"Do you know how long I was looking for you? I asked around and even went to your favourite restaurants."

Damn, he really knew how to make her fall in love with him all over again. "Why? You could've just called me."

"True, but I'd rather look for you without asking you. It's better for me."

"Better for you? How? It's easier."

Laughing, he moves closer.

"I know, but I'm a big boy now and big boys do things themselves."

Yerim laughs at his reply, the boy was literally dragging her to eat a few hours ago. He was also whining for his banana milk yesterday.

"A big boy you say? You don't seem like a big boy to me." Jungkook is now standing in front of her, causing her to look up at him.

Smiling down at her he says, "Oh really? How about now?" He pulls her in by her waist and touches her check with his free hand.

Yerim looks at him surprised. "Jungkook, I can't help but feel like I'm just a rebound." Jungkook looks at her with love in his eyes.

"You aren't. I started to fall for you the day you brought me ice cream and let me rant to you. Ever since then I never stopped falling." Still finding it hard to believe, jungkook smiles and hugs her.

"It's alright, I'll prove it to you, no matter how long it takes." Letting go of her, he smiles.

"Just know that I love you Kim Yerim, a lot." Yerim looks at him and smiles.

"Jeon Jungkook you smooth talker." Grabbing his shirt, Yerim pulls him down to her level. The shocked boy looks at her, their faces only being a few inches away.

"I love you too." Finally, she closes the distance between them. She kissed Jungkook with passion, she wanted him to feel the love she had hidden from him for 8 years. Jungkook grabs her waist and pulls her in closer, responding to the kiss with equal amount of passion. He wanted her to feel how deeply in love he is with her.

Letting go, Jungkook smiles wide and hugs her tightly spinning her around.

"You wanna take this home?" He says smirking as soon as he put her down.

She lightly smakes his head and smiles. "In your dreams little boy."

He smiles at her and holds her hand.

"Let's go drink banana milk now."

Because this story doesn't deserve a sad ending.