Love ° Vrene

"Are you sure you're fine? It's alright to cry."

"I'm fine, he looks better with her anyways." Casting a look of sadness towards the couple she didn't know existed till now, Joohyun turns her attention back to her friend and smiles.

"Let's go eat, yeah? Crying isn't gonna feed me."

"Make sure to eat and take of yourself okay? Message me or any of the girls if you need anything. We'll always be there." Joohyun smiles at her friend and hugs her.

"Yes, Seungwan, I will make sure to message either you or the girls. Go now, it's getting dark."

Once they say their goodbyes, Joohyun makes sure Seungwan is fully out of sight before walking into her house. It's at that moment that everything hits her.

4 years of liking someone and this is how it ends. Finding out the person she has liked has had a girlfriend the whole time. She admits, it is silly of her to not know that he has a girlfriend considering that she had liked him for 4 years, but she was just blinded by the fact that she thought he liked her back. Deep down she wished for his girlfriend to cheat or for them to breakup, but that's never going to happen.

Joohyun lies in bed, tears unknowingly dripping on to her pillow.

"Stupid feelings, if only we had mates or something so we wouldn't have to suffer one sided love."

And with that, Joohyun cried herself to sleep. It's not something she wanted to confess, but Joohyun knew for a fact that she was not okay.

TIMESKIP: 2 years later

"Here I'll take it." Taehyung grabs the food of off Joohyun and takes it to her car.

Taehyung, one of Seokjin's friends. Seokjin, as in the guy she liked for 4 years but found out he had a girlfriend, which he is still dating. Joohyun doesn't mind though. She picked herself up a week later and went back to normal. She may however still have a little bit of feelings for him, but it doesn't hurt as much anymore.

"Just put it in the backseat." Listening to the girl, he places it in the backseat.

"Thanks, Taehyung." He smiles at her and then walks away.

He's always there for her, since she started work 6 years ago. Always making sure she ate, making sure she was alright, always helping her even if she didn't ask. He was just always there. Her friends always asked her "How could you fall for Seokjin when Taehyung was doing all of this for you since day 1?" And to be honest, she didn't know herself. She wanted to like him, she really did, especially after finding out about Seokjin and his girlfriend. But it just never happened.

"Ms. Bae?" Turning around, she sees that Taehyung came back to her.

"Are you alright? You hungry? I can get you something." Joohyun smiles at the boy.

"It's fine, I'm leaving now anyways." She notices that his smile slightly fades before it comes back.

"Well then, get home safe. See you tomorrow!" Joohyun says the same to him before getting into her car.

Honestly, how has she not fallen for him yet.

TIMESKIP: 8 months later
"Joohyun?"

"Joohyunnnnnnnnnnnn"

"Joohyun!" Surprised, Joohyun turns to her friend and sees her holding a drink for her.

"I got you a drink." Taking the drink, she thanks Seulgi before turning back to her computer. What was she even distracted by? Looking back at where she was staring, she honestly made herself shocked. She was staring at Taehyung.

"Oh no, I don't want to catch feelings again. I don't want another crying myself to sleep night." Forcing her eyes away, Joohyun gets back to work. Completely distracted by someone she thought she couldn't fall for.

"Ms. Bae?" Damn that voice, since when did she find his voice so sexy.

"Yes?" Shyly turning her head, she fails to make eye contact like she usually does as for some odd reason, she finds him cuter than usual.

"Mr. Kim wanted me to ask if you could make a copy of this resume for him." Taking the paper from his hand, she goes for a bow but ends up hitting her head.

"Ms. Bae! I'm so sorry, I didn't know you were going to bow considering you're at a higher status than me." He's right, she never used to bow to him, she always just said thanks. Why is she acting so different.

"It's alright, it's my fault anyways. Go have lunch now, you must be hungry." She notices the confused yet happy look on his face and realised what she said.

"Thanks for the concern Ms. Bae, I'll have lunch early just for you." She watches as he turns with a smile and walks to the cafeteria.

"Have lunch early?" Looking at her watch, she notices that it's only 10:36am.

"Seriously, what is wrong with me nowadays?!" Turning back to her computer, Joohyun tries hard to forget a certain someone. Surely she doesn't like him.

Joohyun walks to her car happily having just finished work. As she opens the door she sees Taehyung walking towards her.

"Ms. Bae! I brought you food." Noticing the bag of food he is holding, Joohyun smiles and shakes her had.

"It's fine, you didn't need to." However, Taehyung doesn't listen and opens her car door and places it in the backseat.

"My gift to you. For giving me an early lunch. Hopefully next time you would join me." Blushing at his comment, she smiles.

"Have a safe ride home Ms. Bae. I look forward to having lunch with you." Smiling, he walks away.

Joohyun looks at him with love in her eyes as he away. Grabbing her phone, she calls the first person on her close friends list.

"Hello?"

"Seungwan. I think I've fallen and this time I can't get up."

Ew and no, this is not based on myself..................................................