Happy ° Vrene

Requested - Vrene oneshot

"Irene." At the sound of her name being mentioned, Taehyung looks down, afraid of exposing himself.

Throughout the years since debut, the boys have been in a handful amount of dating rumours and it's not a secret to them that they are being shipped with other female idols.

When they had first learnt about this, the boys were told to act as if they did not care about the female idols, to basically not show any affection towards them. This was mostly directed towards their close relationship with Red Velvet. Having becoming friends with them during 2015, their friendship grew stronger throughout the years, making it harder for them to hide it. Some of that friendship grew into more than just friends for some of them. One of them being Taehyung.

It was 2017 when Taehyung grew the guts to ask out his crush, Joohyun. He first fell for her in 2014 at Seoul Music awards and then those feelings grew into love as time passed. It was hard for them to hide their relationship, especially with the possessive fans around them, but Taehyung was thankful for his company for supporting the relationship and protecting them.

-
When Taehyung hears the voice of the MC announcing the Artist of the year award, he continues to look uninterested, but deep down inside, he was hoping that Red Velvet would win.

"Red Velvet!" It's at times like this that Taehyung hates the most. He wants to show that he's happy that they won, jump around and smile like he's never smiled before, but showing the audience something more than clapping could get them an article titled 'BTS' Taehyung dating a Red Velvet member?' Or some over the top sh!t, and that would ruin the girls' reputation and he didn't want that.

Sitting back down, he bobs his head to Really Bad Boy, he was one of the few that liked the song when it first came out. Once again, he looks back down.

He hated this, he hated hiding their relationship, he wanted to show the whole world that he was in love with her, but with the amount of possessive fans around and the people who 'shipped' him with other females, even his own members, which he finds uncomfortable as he see's his members as brothers, the company couldn't risk it.

-
The award show is finally over and they had just finished taking a photo of all the idols on stage. Turning around, Taehyung see's Joohyun and accidentally freezes for a half second because of how beautiful she looked. When she bowed, he gained his conscience and bowed back, hating this whole hiding thing once again.

When they had moved backstage, Taehyung swerved into Joohyun's direction and pulled her into a hug.

"I can't do this anymore, Joohyun." She smiles into the hug and pulls him in closer, patting his head.

"Don't worry, we can tell them soon, just not now." Taehyung pulls away and pouts at Joohyun.

"But when? It's been almost 3 years. I'm sure they can handle me dating."

Joohyun shakes at her at that and sadly smiles. "You know that's a lie."

"I know." Taehyung pulls her back into a hug, afraid that she'll see his tears. "I just wish some fans weren't possessive, I just want to tell everyone that you're my dear, my love, my best."

"Did you just quote a verse from our song?" Taehyung laughs and nods his head.

"I'll tell you what." Pulling away, Joohyun looks up at Taehyung and smiles. "If you can convince your company to publicize our relationship, then i'll marry you."