Take A Hint

As we walked into Thunder Road, we saw Tess and Ryliegh sitting in the middle section. I waved and we pulled 4 tables together to fit us all. Me and the barn boys come to TR a lot now, so the people know us pretty well. We all grab drinks when we have the tables situated. Two ladies come to take our orders and go back to the counter. I'm sitting on the far end with Will on my left and Tess sits across from me with Ryliegh beside her. A group of three boys comes in and tries to sit with us. 

" Um.. who are you?" Tess asks, shaking her head like she's saying 'what the heck?'. 

I'm Cam. This is Brett and Kevin. Kevin lifts his arm to put it around me and I smack it away. 

" Yeah. I don't think so." I say, drinking my coke. 

" Aww come on, relax. You're safe with me." He said. Lord I'm glad Will's joking with the boys and not looking over here. 

" Bye." I said. The boys walked off, sitting a few tables away, still looking at us. 

" Ryliegh, I'm surprised you didn't fall head over heels because the guy that used to hate your guts just tried to get ya." I said, looking at my phone. 

" Oh come on y'all." She lowered her voice to a whisper. " You know I'm falling for George now. I would rather die honestly. Playing for New England as a lifetime career? I don't think so." 

Our food arrives and we finish eating. We all kinda just stay and chill for a bit, talking to the ladies who own the place ( it's a family owned cafe). On their way out, the boys stop again and try a second time, only, we had another plan.

" Hey, you sure your answer is no? C'mon listen, I can get ya a drink." Kevin says to me. 

" Hold on. You boys stay there." Tess, Ryliegh, and I get up and go to the counter, pay $ 5.00 each and the lady starts a song: Take A Hint by Victoria Justice and Elizabeth Gilles.

Me-

Why am I always hit on by the boys I never like?
I can always see 'em coming, from the left or from the right

Tess-

I don't want to be a priss, I'm just tryna be polite
But it always seems to bite me in the...

Ryliegh-

Ask me for my number, yeah, you put me on the spot and You think that we should hook up, but I think that we should not

Tess-

You had me at "Hello", then you opened up your mouth-

Me- 

And that is when it started going south

All-

Get your hands off my hips
'Fore I'll punch you in the lips
Stop your staring at my... Hey!
Take a hint, take a hint
No you can't buy me a drink
Let me tell you what I think
I think you could use a mint
Take a hint, take a hint
T-take a hint, take a hint

Me-

I guess you still don't get it, so let's take it from the top

Tess-

You asked me what my sign is, and I told you it was "Stop"

Ryliegh-

And if I had a dime for every name that you just dropped

Me-

You'd be here and I'd be on a yacht Oh!

All-

Get your hands off my hips
'Fore I'll punch you in the lips
Stop your staring at my... Hey!
Take a hint, take a hint
No you can't buy me a drink
Let me tell you what I think
I think you could use a mint
Take a hint, take a hint
T-take a hint, take a hint

Me-

What about "No" don't you get?

Tess-

So go and tell your friends

M/T-

I'm not really interested

Ryliegh-

It's about time that you're leavin'

Me-

I'm gonna count to three and
Open my eyes and-

T/R-

You'll be gone!

Me-

One...

Tess-

Get your hands off my...

Me-

Two...

Ryliegh-

Or I'll punch you in the...

Me-

Three...

T/R-

Stop your staring at my... Hey!

The music pauses for a brief moment and we walk straight up to the boys, getting close and as soon as the music starts back, we each punch one in the gut.

All-

I am not your missing link
Let me tell you what I think
I think you could use a mint
Take a hint, take a hint

Get your hands off my hips
'Fore I'll punch you in the lips
Stop your staring at my... Hey!
Take a hint, take a hint
T-take a hint, take a hint!

Our group and everyone else starts clapping and we wave a 'not sorry' goodbye as they leave. 

When we leave, Will asks what that was about and I told him about the boys. 

" Remind me not to get on your bad side." He laughed as we drove home.

*** Hey guys! Sorry this chapter isn't really the best, but I didn't know what else to do for it. Send in ideas if you wanna see something specific and I'll surely put it in. Just nothing inappropriate, m'kay? :) Thank y'all and I will see ya in the next chapter! PEACE OUT!***

~KODA~