Old 'Friend'

*Y/N's P.O.V."

The steel blade of my dagger shone brightly as the falling sun gleamed onto it from the warm evening. The squad was fully geared up with everything from guns to knives. We each had on a pair of leather combat gloves that my dad had designed, equipped with small spikes across the brim of the knuckles so that when you punch someone, it leaves tiny stab wounds. They may not bleed that greatly, but they hurt like h*ll.

We quietly drove towards the junkyard, the PD giving us an escort and a legal pass to haul passengers in the truck beds. Once we arrived at the empty lot where we'd been a few months ago, I grew anxious. What if we were too late? Only one thing's for sure-- I'm getting my brother back whether alive or dead. 

As we piled out of the trucks, I searched for anything out of place. Natemare then came up to the front of the group and told us of a source of help. His eyes went white and cloud of black dust swarmed in a column behind him. I signaled for everyone to keep their weapons sheathed as we were greeted with the blinding white eyes of Ryan.EXE. 

"I'm glad you decided to listen to your own voice." I told him, still making myself sound intimidating, like I had with the others. The ego only nodded before turning to the rest of the group.

"Things are not as hard honestly as they may seem. The hardest fight will be against GlitchWolf, who you know is the leader of the egos." EXE said.

He eyed my dagger knowingly and froze before speaking again. 

"If the blade is still stained, using it will poison her. But in doing so, it will cause pain and stress to (Y/N)'s body. In the end, if you decide to use the blade, you will need to fight against death itself in order to stay alive. If you die before her, she will regain her power and return to normal-- and will be woundless. If she dies before you, you will regain your strength and return to normal, only being rid of the poison from the blade that inflicts you both."

I nodded, knowing the circumstances. If I stab Glitch, her blood that has lasted on the blade will poison me and her both. It's like having some kind of imprint-- what happens to one mate, it then happens to the other. In this case, it's the same effect only it's just based on egos-- or personality sides-- instead of mates. I would need to beat the poison before her so that I can live through it.

"We have an idea." Will told him and EXE nodded. 

"There are several trails that lead to the base and they all come out in the same clearing in front of where Glitch is holding your brother." He continued.

"Is Nate okay?" I asked and EXE gave a face of unsureness. 

"Let's just say... at least he's alive...."

I shuddered at the thought of my brother being covered in his own blood, lifeless on the ground. The twin effect had an impact on us both, but it affected me more than him. Yes, if I hadn't said it already, Nate and I are twins. 

I turned back to the group of YouTubers who had selflessly joined me in the fight, though it was never their fight to begin with until Nate and Will were captured after my party. There was a huge line up, some with egos of their own but most without one: There was Mark and Jack, Ethan and Mat, Rhys (Razzbowski) and Lewis (Dawko), Ryan and Baz, Nathan and George, Andrew and Preston, Elan and Felix, Tess and Ry, and of course, Will. 

Behind us was a thick gathering of the Winston-Salem PD, who'd helped us so much in the past year. They were going to stay back and wait here until they were called or until we came back with anyone to be arrested. They had special collars made for the egos who were arrested, so they wouldn't be able to fight back or use any of their powers to escape.