Ex Boyfriend

I walk back downstairs to where Mark and Tess were on the couch. Nathan had gone out to the barn to work the horses. I was about to leave as well, when I heard Tess and Ry behind me. Mark started to get up and follow us. Tess pushed him gently back to the couch. 

" Nope. You're hurt. You're staying here." She said and we left. We piled into my truck and drove to the barn and I received a text from Nathan.

Nathan- Someone's been here. The ranger is trashed and the dually's driver mirror is broke off.

I asked Tess to answer for me, since I was driving.

Tess- Hey it's Tess. Do you know who?

Nathan- Don't know. 

Tess- Ok. We're pulling in rn. 

Nathan- m'kay.

I ease the truck to a stop and jump out, inspecting the other two trucks. George reported that some yard work supplies and tools has been stolen as well. Something catches my eye and I look around the back of the barn. A tall man maybe in his late 20s is climbing out of a stall window. I point him out to the group and we sneak around and grab some horses. Tess gets on Reba, I get on Rain-Man, Nathan gets on Anthem, Ry and George both get on Apache ( George is behind Ryliegh so he can dive off to tackle the intruder), Andrew gets on Bear, Elan gets on Jag, Preston is on Millie, and Jack is on Deuce. The intruder attempts to make his way to the front turnout pasture ( where the large herd from my chapter Barn Day goes out). Preston and I wait behind the barn, Jack and Elan wait at the fence by the driveway, Nathan and Andrew wait at the fence in the trees below Jack and Elan by the road, and Tess, Ry, and George wait at the patch of trees below me and Preston. ( If you're having trouble understanding, here's something to help you)

Once the intruder was about in the middle of the pasture, we all dove down, galloping right toward him and circling around him

Once the intruder was about in the middle of the pasture, we all dove down, galloping right toward him and circling around him. George dropped as Apache ran past, tackling the man and pinning him to the ground. the rest of us crowded them in a circle so the man couldn't escape. George forced him up and held his wrists together. He laughs, shaking his head at the ground. 

" Don't you recognize me? Any of you?" The man keeps his head down.

" I don't know who you are or how you think you can get past a bunch of farm hands who are the best bareback riders in town, but were you the one stealing our vehicles and equipment?" Nathan asks him in an aggressive tone. Just then, I see something out of the corner of my eye. Nate walking beside Will and Mark on Coach. When they approach us, Mark and Will dismount. Will mounts behind me and Mark gets on with Tess and Nate gets on Coach. 

" Who are you and why do you think you can take our stuff?" Nate asked.

" One.. I took the stuff because Hannah needs it. Two.. I'm surprised (y/n) Doesn't recognize me." He lifts his head and I stand face to face with my biggest regret ever. 

" Garrett..." I whispered. I felt Will's body stiffen and he rested his hands on my arms to show Garrett that I'm his girl. 

" Who is that dirtbag with you, (y/n)? Have you found someone else to scrub your crap?" Garrett laughed, but George slapped him in the back of the head.

" Say one more word about Will and I'll knock your lights out, a**hat." George pulled hay strings from his pocket and tied Garrett's wrists together. We went back to the barn and while Ry called the cops, the rest of us went on to help work the horses. 

The cops came and took Garrett away and Hannah was NOT a happy bunny. She glared at me before turning and getting back into her car, following the cops off of the property.

*** Hey guys! Now that Garrett has been arrested, what will happen with Hannah? And why has Anti not come back for Will and Nate? And did Anti really get far enough to create a new ego? Will Natemare really be an existing figure in the shadows? Read more to find out!! Thank you all for reading and I will see ya in the next chapter!! PEACE OUT!***

~KODA~