Part 42

"How did they know you were there?" Hoseok asked, leaning on the wall facing the rectangular table, with hands crossed over his chest while staring at Jungkook who was sitting at one end of the table in the dimly lit room, where they have discussions in the hideout.

"I don't know." Jungkook said, staring at the table in thought.

"Why did you go there?" Yoongi asked, sitting at the side of the table adjacent Jungkook's side, also looking at him.

"The lady there knew about the woman working with Header." Jungkook said. "She was her close friend."

"I don't think that bomb was meant for you." Yoongi said, crossing his hand over his chest. "If they followed you, then it means he Knows where you live and I doubt he does."

"I believe he already knew about her." Jungkook said, still staring at the table. "Why kill her now?"

              "Maybe they recently became friends and header doesn't trust the woman he works with." Hoseok said. "Hey kook, you Ok?" Hoseok asked, seeing how Jungkook kept staring at the table. " Did you already know the old lady?"

 "She was the woman taking care of Jimin." Jungkook said, raising his head to look at Hoseok. Jungkook slowly got up; breaking his stare from Hoseok's slightly shocked facial expression. "Tell the men to inform me if they find anything in the house." He said, walking towards the door. "I have a lead on finding that bastard."

           "This is for you." Taehyung said, giving the small violet box to Jimin, both sitting cross-leg facing each-other on his bed. "Belated Happy birthday."

"Thank you." Jimin smiled and hastily opened the box. A beautiful golden bracelet with small transparent beads around it lay one the small white cushion in the box. Jimin stared in admiration at the beautiful accessory.

"I wanted to give it to you yesterday but I couldn't find you anywhere." Taehyung smiled, noticing the Joy in his eyes. Jimin took the bracelet from the box and placed the empty box on the bed, still staring at the bracelet.

"Let me help you with that." Taehyung took the bracelet from Jimin and opened the hook before placing it around his small wrist.

"It's so beautiful." Jimin said, raising his hand to look at it dangling off his wrist.

"Its not that nice, I could have gotten you a better one only if those security men had not been on my neck to hurry up." Taehyung sighed in frustration. Jimin raised his head to look at him in confusion.

"Did you come along with those men, are they also here?" Jimin asked and Taehyung chuckled at the look of surprise on Jimin's face.

"No they only follow me from my house." Taehyung said. "Jungkook assigned these men to me."

              "Why would he do that?" Jimin asked, still confused. Taehyung stared back at him, realizing he had said too much. He didn't want him to know people tried to kill him and some might still be out there.

"I'm too beautiful Jiminie. I can't be walking out alone." Taehyung said, giving Jimin a cocky expression. Jimin smiled, lightly hitting him on the shoulder. "So where did you go yesterday?" Taehyung quickly changed the topic.

"I went out with Jungkookie." Jimin's smile widened. "He took me to the most beautiful water-jet ever and we watched fireworks." he said in excitement. "But before that, we went to the park, mall and different places. He bought me a squishy teddy bear."

"That's why you look happy this morning." Taehyung smiled and Jimin blushed. "I called your phone but you weren't picking up."

"I misplaced it... so Jungkookie bought me another." Jimin said guiltily. "I don't remember where I placed it."

"Don't feel bad, I also lost mine, so I bought a new one. You are not the only careless person" Taehyung said, seeing the sadness in his eyes and Jimin smiled.

"It's a r..." Jimin suddenly stopped talking, staring at Taehyung with a blank expression.

"What?" Taehyung asked with furrowed brows.

"Don't you hear that?" Jimin said, turning around to the door, before getting down from the bed and hastily walking towards it.

               "It's a dog." Taehyung said, after Jimin opened the door and the light barking sound of a dog could be heard. Jimin ran out of the room through the hallway and hastily looked downstairs. Standing there in the same clothes, Jungkook held a happy Kookie in his hand as it waggled its tail.

"Kookie." Jimin squealed, hastily running down the stair and towards Jungkook. "Oh I missed you so much." He gently took the dog from Jungkook's arms while it kept licking his face. He cuddled it, occasionally kissing its fur. Jimin raised his head to look at Jungkook smiling back at him.

"Did you go for him?" Jimin asked.

"Yes." Jungkook replied, gently peting the dog.

"Thank you... What about Jennie?" Jimin asked, a look of concern on his face.

"Well try to keep it away from her." Jungkook said.

"OK." Jimin smiled and went back to cuddling the dog. "Why didn't you tell me you were going to visit Mrs.Lee, I wanted to go." Jimin raised his head to look at Jungkook.

"I didn't plan to go there. I happen to be passing by." Jungkook lied, staring into Jimin's eyes.

"How is she?" Jimin's smile widened. Jungkook stared at him for a while.

"She's fine." He lied, a forced smile making its way to his face. "She asked me to wish you a happy birthday."

               "She's always the first person to remember." Jimin said. "And she would bake some cookies and a cake for me." Jimin suddenly leaned forward. "Her cookies are nice but the cake is awful" Jimin whispered and Jungkook's forced another smile. "But I can't tell her because I love her so much." Jimin leaned back and placed another kiss on the dogs head. Jungkook placed his hands in his pockets, breaking eye contact from Jimin's happy ones. "Taehyung bought me this bracelet." Jimin removed his hand from under the dog and stretched it towards him.

"It's nice." He smiled, looking down at his wrist.

"Yeah." Jimin said, placing his hand back under the dog.

"I have to take a shower." Jungkook placed a kiss on his lips and headed towards the stair, leaving Jimin who was still cuddling the dog.

"I love you." Jimin shouted behind him and Jungkook stopped in his tracks, staring ahead.

"I love you too." Jungkook replied and continued walking.