-5-

Chapter 5 - Not Where I'm Supposed To Be

The feeling of darkness surrounding me. For some it's like when you can't sleep, laying in a dark room only hearing faint sounds around you. But for me it's different. It's a different type of darkness. Instead of just the darkness little kids are scared of it's the darkness that even adults fear.

It's a shadow of pain washing over me, a storm that showed up in a matter of seconds on an otherwise sunny day. It covered all of the sunshine and left me with the darkness of night without the moon or stars. And left me wondering if I'll ever get out. If the storm will ever leave.

Please leave.

It feels as though I'm laying on a cloud, light surrounds me and I feel like all of my pain has gone away in a matter of seconds. The feeling is foreign, something I've never felt before.

My eyes are closed but light still shines through making me open my very tired eyes and sit up. The feeling of pain returns to me with this action, which was to be expected.

Somehow, the feeling of clouds under me doesn't fade. So I look down. I come face to face with a bed, white sheets surround me and pillows line the edges. The bed is sitting in a light wooden frame.

When my tired eyes look up again, the fog obscuring my vision now gone, a window lies in front of me. White lines the edges and cuts the through the middle multiple times, round at the top edges. It's pretty big, the source of most of the rooms natural looking light.

My eyes close, hurt from the sudden exposure to the bright light shining through the window. They start to burn, making me fall back into the warmth of the bed.

Suddenly fear washes over the other feeling of pain in my senses. This isn't my bed. It doesn't look like a hospital bed either thank god.

But I'm not familiar with this place, and I can't find a clock anywhere when I sit up and search frantically for everything not worrying about the pain rushing through my body.

This is not where I'm supposed to be.

Slowly a door to my right opens and somebody walks out but my head pounds, before I can look at the person my head goes under the blanket and I curl up in a ball. My view to the culprit, my possible kidnapper,  being blocked and hopefully his of mine.

"Woah there...Summer?" The familiar voice asks is a soft tone while approaching me, but it's unknown for him to call me by my actual name.

That's the voice of River.

"Mhmm?" Is all I'm able to muster out even though I want to ask so much more but the headache I have is killing me. "Wow, good job using your voice." He says sarcastically.

I slowly move my gaze to the doorway on the other side of the room, where Kingston leaned against the doorframe silently. His gaze set on me.

He looks at me, and even at this state he smiles and bites his lip, turning his body away from me but his head still looking.

I slowly peel some of the blanket away from my eyes to send River a painful glare, wet hair curls in front of his face and drips drops of water onto his towel.

I rub my eyes and bring some of the blanket down, squinting and looking in his direction. He walks over to a sink.
A sink in this bedroom.
Rich.

He gets me a glass of water and slowly hands it to me before going over to the bright window and closing the bamboo blinds in front of it.

I take a drink, slowly little by little quenching my thirst in my dehydrated body. Soon He stands in front of me waiting for me to empty the glass, and when I do he grabs it from me and puts it in a sink.