-30-

2742 words

Chapter 30 - Minus One Plus Two

I never expected to see that pair of blue-grey eyes again. The ones I had been friends with for so long until Madeline bullied her into moving. I was the one to hurt, Melanie is beautiful and sweet.

But seeing her again brought so many emotions back up, ones that I had been pushing down for so long. One start I didn't want to feel.

Melanie Martin. Welcome Back to Denmore.

"Melanie?"

I ask, turning towards Kingston with a face of confusion, He only shrugs, but wiggles his eyebrows, mouthing 'she's hooot' to me, making my heart ache. Kingston was here when Melanie was here, but probably doesn't recognize her, River though, was not here when she was.

Kingston takes my hand, brings it up to his mouth and kisses it, whispering to me, "I'm gonna go get some." Before he tries walking closer to Melanie, but I take his hand and pull him back.

I don't want him to leave, I don't want to know about him doing this.

I don't... he can't.

Please don't.

Please I can't have him leave me too.

I love him......

I love him so fucking much.

I know he will never feel the same, but I can do everything I can to make sure that he.... never mind. It's useless anyways.

He pouts, squeezing my hand and holding it tightly so I can pull away as Melanie comes closer to me. But soon her confused face turns into one full of happiness. "SUM!" She asks, running towards me and enveloping me in a hug.

Once we pull back she starts blabbering about why she's here, but as soon as she says permanently I freeze. The smile on my face becomes bigger.

River sighs, "I gotta go, Coach needs me, I'll talk to you later." He says, leaving just me and Kingston. River leaves down the hall, Melanie looking at me with her blue-grey eyes that hold an emotion of sweetness. They always have

Kingston's grip on my hand loosening as Melanie leans in for a hug. He smiles, his hands wrapping around her waist as he does the same thing he did with me, he hugs in this way, he puts his face in your neck and smiles against your skin.

No......

My leg bounces up and down with anxiety as I wait for them to pull back.

My eyes searching for something to pay attention to. STOP, SUMMER. He doesn't love you. He doesn't love me.....

So let him be happy.

I'm just being a little jealous bitch.

I wipe a small tear away from my eye and plaster on a fake smile, I'm good at those.

She pulls back with a big smile, turning to look at me, "Who is this?" She asks, looking up at him through her eyelashes, he stuffs his hands in his pockets and stares at her, a smirk on his face.