-35-

1816 words

(I've finished editing all the chapters, and if you don't want to reread the entire book just know Kingston basically replaces River in most scenes so they're pretty close) 1/23/20

Chapter 35 - Dresses

He didn't set me down, we had stayed like that for a couple minutes. Just breathing in comfortable silence.

I'm a three year old so I was blushing like hell, though I was wondering why he couldn't kiss me. Especially since he has been the only person I have ever wanted to kiss.

And of course I know why, he can't kiss me because we are best friends and it could ruin everything.

He slowly put his hands on my waist and backed away from the wall, still holding me of course. I giggled as he spun me around.

He seemed so happy, I don't know why. But I love it when he's happy, I don't like people being sad.

Soon enough we're laying on the grass the perfect temperature is on us and his hand is grazing against mine at my side.

Soft music plays in the background, My Girl by the Temptations turns on making me turn my head to Kingston with pure happiness.

I bounced up, him sitting up with his arms behind him while watching me. I giggle as I start jumping up and down, belting out the lyrics with all my heart.

He smiles at me and chuckles, soon the song ends making me collapse on the ground next to him, he pulls my head on his lap as I giggle. "You are so cute." He says and I are at him.

"I don't want to be cute I want to be hot." I say in a manly voice, mocking River. "Okay your are hot." He says and I look up at him in shock.

He chuckles down at me, pushing hair out of my face. He pushes my mouth closed, "You were catching flies." He says and I shake my head turning on my side under the rising sun.

He wraps his arms around me and kisses my neck.

"I love the spring." He mumbles and I smile a little.

"Me too, it's the only season when downstate was pretty." I say and he furrows his eyebrows, holding himself up with his hand as I flip on my back

"What about Summer?" He asks and I shake my head.

"It was too warm and all the criminals were out and it was a lot. Spring was just right." I say and he bites his lip.

"Yea... I love Summer."

————————————————————–

Melanie and Miah blow up my phone, though I hadn't expected for Miah to break out of her shell so quickly.

Melanie: GUYS THE SPRING BREAK PROM WHATEVER VERSION OF A DANCE THIS IS FOR IS HAPPENING SO WE ARE GETTING DRESSES

Miah: shut up, I'm trying to sleep

Melanie: it's 11 am

Miah: ,,,and?

Melanie: But they're advertising the dance this week so we have to get to the dresses before they are all out.

Miah: Um, okay?

Melanie: SUMMER

Melanie: ANSWER

Me: I'll go

Me: But I'm saving money for my college, so I'll have to not buy anything.