-44-

Chapter 44 - Make Her Hate You, Kingston

"Okayyyy," Sean says as he turns to look at me again.

"Why would you do this to your son?" I ask, my voice trembling as his lip twitches. "He's not... he's not fit to be the leader of this business one day if he goes soft. Ever since ninth grade he was getting more sloppy with his kills. He was an idiot. He used your case as an excuse. To act Like he was working when he was just waiting until he could move after graduation. Like he could hide from us."

"Well if you wanted him so bad for your groups why would you let us go after he makes me hate him?" I ask and Sean chuckles, "because this is all he's ever known, once you're gone he'll come running back to us."

"Sean..?" I ask and he rolls up the sleeves of his white button up, "Glad we are getting acquainted, Summer." He says and I swallow, "What was my case?" I ask and he grins evilly before a door busts open.

"Looks like Kingston dear can tell you himself."

"WHERE IS SHE YOU STUPID MOTHER FUCKER?!" Kingston screams from down the hall, busting brought every door before he comes to mine.

That's when what I didn't expect happened.

He tried to run towards me immediately, but Sean grips a gun in his hold that he ripped out of his back pocket.

He holds it to Kingston's head and he immediately stopped moving, his eyes never leaving mine.

Kingston takes off his sweatshirt slowly so his dad knows what he's doing, he throws it around a little to show nothing is in it before throwing it at me.

The man to my side puts it on me with a scowl on his face, his breath having a heavy smell of cigarettes.

And Kingston just mouths one thing to me, "Remember, I'll always love you."

"Ahh, we're all here!" Sean says, wrapping an arm around Kingston's neck and slowly walking him over to me, where I'm held to the wall by scary men in all black.

"Isn't this nice, Kingy?" He asks, the barrel of the gun pointed at my head.

"Yes, Sean."

"Yes, WHAT?"

"Yes, Dad."

"Good boy." Sean remarks with a little chuckle, an evil smirk laying on his face.

"Now, I will let you both go after I'm sure I'll never see Summer's stupid ugly face in one of our business meetings in the future." Sean says, licking his lips as Kingston looks at me the entire time.

"She's not ugly." He mumbles, his voice soft as his eyes stare at me with pain and fear.

"The fuck you say boy?" Sean says, his nails ripping holes through Kingston neck.

"She's not ugly." He mumbles.

"What.?" Sean says, waiting for a response. "SHES NOT UGLY."

"STOP GIVING ME SAS BOY OR ILL SHOOT HER RIGHT NOW." He says and I flinch.

"Now you know what I taught you." Sean says, waiting for Kingston to do as told.

Kingston sheds one single tear before looking up at me, his eyes rock solid. I've never seen this side of him before, his eyes have always shown more light the a billion suns.

Now they're dull.

I want my sunshine back.

I want it back.

I want him back.

Please.....

"Now I remark Summer asking me rather boldly what her case was, would you mind telling her?" Sean asks and Kingston swallows.