-27-

Chapter 27 - Back to School

There are two people in this world, the ones who love going back to school and the ones who hate it. I'm just going back from winter break, but keep in mind I'm coming back, being friends with River, and not being abused.

At least I hope river thinks of me as a friend. He probably doesn't. Oh no.

I wake up pretty early from my alarm, the intention of making my dad breakfast slowly fading away as more time passes of me living here.

It's about 7:00 am when I take a shower. The bathrooms here are beautiful, white tiles line the shower and the floor is made of marble; as well as the countertops.

I get out, wrapping a towel around my body and brushing my hair. I go into my room, my towel falling to my sides as I put on my underwear.

I then put on a pair of jeans and a white form fitting T-shirt. I put my hair up into a bun and go downstairs. Or try to.

But as I leave my room and close the door I see a dog run up the stairs towards me. It's a curly haired brown dog, about medium sized. I run his fur softly as I see El rush up the stairs, out of breath.

"Hi El!" I say happily as I look down at the pup, "Is this Nico?" I ask as she roams around me. "Yes She is." El said, grabbing the dog and take her downstairs.

She holds her in her arms as I follow, putting her on a dog bed and patting her head down to sleep. "I must tell you though," El says, her Spanish accent sounding sincerely beautiful.

"Mrs. Bianchi, formerly Mrs. Laydree, will be joining us today or tomorrow. She is supposed to stay here for a month, but the kids don't know yet because it's a surprise for missing Christmas before she has to leave again." She says and I smile.

"Wonderful, But... do you want me to leave when she's here?" I ask, "I could probably find some place to stay-" I say but she waves her hand in dismissal.

"Pho doesn't know what happened but I do, and we will have to tell Mrs. Bianchi, But She was in a physically abusive relationship with many people. She'll understand, and she'll definitely let you stay here. She's been trying to get River a girlfriend for years!" She says and I shake my head with a giggle.

"No I think River and I are only friends." She rolls her eyes with a smile, "We will see, el cariño. We know you're gonna end up with one of her sons, whether it's biological or not." She says, patting my back as she washes her hands in the kitchen.

Kingston is her not biological son.

A beautiful breakfast is laid out on the counter, a buffet of different things that my eyes widen at the sight of. "What is this?" I ask and she smiles at me.

"It's Pisto con Huevo (Ratatouille with Fried Egg)," She says and then I point at another, she smiles. "I'll teach you how to make that one later, it's River, Pho, and Mrs. Bianchi's Favorite." She starts,

"It's an Italian breakfast, it consists of caffè latte (hot coffee with milk) or coffee with bread or rolls, butter and jam. A cookie-like rusk hard bread, called fette biscottate, and cookies are commonly eaten. Children drink hot chocolate, plain milk, or hot milk with very little coffee." She says and I nod, looking at the delicious breakfasts.

She smiles at my admiration, "I'll teach you how to make them after you get home from work, el cariño." She says and I nod, she looks around, then at a clock. "Will you go wake up River and Pho." She says and I nod as I get up and walk up the stairs.

I enter River's room. He's quietly sleeping, sprawled out under the covers, quiet snores full the room and I smile. He's so perfect, his sky blue eyes and chiseled jaw. His curly hair is beautiful and his soft features are so handsome.