-42-

This has got some.... mature content.... ill give you a warning before so you can skip it. Love ya 😘

Chapter 42 - Birthday

When I was five, I used to make tiny bracelets for my sister. I would get tiny heart charms and her favorite color at the time at Grey's and she would be so happy when I made her when almost every week.

When I just turned seventeen I was wishing that I would make someone happy like that again. Now I'm eighteen, and I wonder if I have.

I look Kingston directly in the eyes as he kisses Melanie and my face falls.

Those lips were mine you bitch...

He pulls her off and she gets even angrier than she was at him, but before she starts screaming he rushes out of the elevator and goes to me.

"I'll fix this... go to our room." He says and I bite my lip up at him and his eyes flicker.

"Okay..." I say, looking at him and doing I love you in asl, blocked from Melanie's view by his figure.

He smiles down at me, doing the same before pulling me forward and kissing my forehead, pushing me down the hall as he turns to Melanie.

——-

It was almost my birthday, in about two hours it would be April 6th, making me born eighteen years ago.

As I walk on the cold dock with Kingston, warm weather in, my high heels hanging in my fingers and his hand hanging in my other fingers, I wished we could stay like this forever.

We sit in pure silence as I dip my bare feet in the lake, the warm water meets my skin sending relaxation through my entire body.

I lay my head on Kingston's shoulder as he looks down at me with a smile. "I love you." He says, so much emotion in his voice that I know for once,

someone truly means it.

"I love you so so much." I say with a smile as we look at the stunning moon. "Summer?" Kingston asks, quietly and I turn to him and nod in answer.

My eyes basically stare a hole into his head, him just staring straight ahead before he flickers his eyes towards me to ask his question, leaning back on his hands as we sit with our feet dipped in the water.

"One, I love you more than I thought anybody could, I mean I've loved you for seven years now. But... Can I teach you how to bro hug?" He asks and I chuckle, "What?" I ask and he laughs too, knowing it's weird.

"On Christmas I came over and you were so happy, you jumped on me and were excited about your pillows and we talked about everything. It was like instant."

"But before that me and River were talking, and we did that bro hug thing, and you just mumbled something about hating it, being scared of it. Let me teach you." He says and I stare up at him with big bright eyes.

"That's so sweet!!!" I scream, jumping up on the thin dock and putting out my hand to pull up Kingston.

Once I did he tries over and over again, and once he finally builds up my trust enough for me to let him pull me in, he gets up fast and let's go, I quickly fall into the lake.

I resurface, my entire body soaked. I pull myself back on to the dock and look at Kingston who is doubled over in laughter, and slowly push him in.