-15-

Chapter 15 - Mom

The darkness was still there, and at this point I felt it would always be. If never get away from the fact that everybody I've ever known hurts me, or betrayed me. And maybe that's my fault.

Maybe I'm the magnet, attracting only people who don't care about me. Or maybe I'm not worth thinking about.

The doctor rushes into my room as I look at the blank tv, Kingston hasn't come back. I wonder why I can't just let someone try to be my friend. Why I can't let somebody love me anymore.

Maybe because I've always been betrayed.

"Ms. Cynthia, we have some news." She says and slowly I see Rivers figure appear in the doorway, slowly coming towards me. He leans against the wall and sighs.

"Would you like to tell her?" Doctor Espenzo asks and he nods before turning to me, running his hands through his curly brown ball of hair. He leans down, his fingers running through my hair.

"Well, Kingston... Kingston found your mom... he texted her and she's coming here." He says and my head immediately turns to meet him, before I turn towards the doctor.

"Is... is that true?" I ask and she signals to the door, where I see my mom standing in the doorway.

She looks just like she did before, her brown hair at her shoulders and her eyes are the brown with gold middles that I remember.

Tears sting my eyes as I look at her, but her look is not the same. After a moment of me staring I open my mouth, "Why?" I croak our, trying not to cry.

This woman left me to be abused, she didn't care about me enough to stay and now she's back. She- nobody deserves to see me so vulnerable.

"I'll give you to a moment." The doctor says and River seems to stand up straighter, looking to give me a moment too. But I can't be alone with her.

And the only person I'm close with is Kingston...

"Please.. get Kingston." I beg sadly, but he shakes his head looking at the ground as he walks away. I was stupid to think he'd care that much. Nobody cares especially not him, or Kingston. King would never care about me. He's is popular and everybody loves him.

"Why?" I ask my mom, for the first time in a while a little bit of anger in my voice. Though I don't have the capacity in my body to get angry.

"I.. I thought things would be better. Your dad didn't love me anymore after what happened with your sister, and I-" I cut her off filling in the blank.

"You thought that things would be better if I was just with dad. No! Brooklyn was always everybody's favorite so everybody blamed me for her dying." I say and my mom visibly stiffens.

She walks over to me. "I know I can't undo it now, but I'm sorry. I'm gonna fix up the house, you can tell me who that Kingston is. You'll meet Halo, my wife." She says and I nod.

"I don't want to be stuck in here for forever." I say, chuckling. She gives me a sad smile, sitting on the corner of the bed next to me. "Im here so that you'll feel more comfortable saying some stuff honey, once you get home you can tell me everything." She says and I nod.

She's all I have.

I need to forgive her.

"The guy is Kingston obviously, he has really pretty blonde hair and he brags and is cocky but it's weirdly hot.... but he doesn't like me I don't think.." I mumble and she nods, "Well, I'm going to start fixing the house, well do the look tomorrow. But I bet you this Kingston guy doesn't hate you." She says and I press my lips together.