Job Offer

38. JOB OFFER

4 weeks after the breakup. Charlie's phone ringing..

"Hi, can I speak with Charlie Manoban?"
"Yes, speaking"
"This is from 88rise, Niki recommended you to be part of the composer team. We really need few people for the upcoming album releases. I hope you consider this offer."
"Wow, it is an honor for me to be part of your company."
"I'll be sending an email to you hopefully by next you're so you can start working. Your salary will be discussed upon contract signing, I promise this is huge."
"Thank you so much!"

Charlie sent a text message to Niki.. "Thank you Niki for always believing in me."

"I told you, we're hiring. You better be here man coz I don't want to have a bad reputation in referring people."

"I will"

Finally, Charlie is ready to go back in the states.

"Mom, do you think Julia is mad at me?"
"I don't think so anak"
"Pano kung magkita kami?"
"Like what I told her the last time that we talked, if kayo sa huli kayo padin."
"I need to compose myself, I am going for work like what it used to before."
"I am happy for you anak"
"Mom, thank you for alway cheering me up. You're the best!"

Charlie went to an acoustic bar alone to her surprise Yassi, Mac and Talyor were there.

"Grabe kinalimutan nyo na ako sabay batok kay Taylor"
"Wow sino kayang nakalimut nung nasa US sya" Taylor
"Brad, Charlie" Sabay abot ng kamay Mac, nakipag shake handa naman si Mac sakanya
"I heard the ne
ws, how are you coping?" Yassi
"Wow coping is such a big word Yas, hahaha. I doing just fine just like before. Let's not talk about it." Charlie

"Sige let's have a groufie, smile!!!" Yassi took their group photo. She sent it to Julia, "You don't need to worry about her doing perfectly fine." This is the message along with the photo.

Julia didn't reply, she's sad that Charlie's already moved on. Sya kasi hindi pa mga mamsh.